Let's see those FM9 rigs!

When the Pelican arrives it will have 2 thick and 2 thin sheets of foam inside. I glued one thin sheet to the top cover, and set the other thin sheet on the bottom. I then traced out my DUO-34 onto a thick sheet and cut the opening using a sharp butcher knife and a straight edge, repeat on the second thick sheet. you'll end up with about 1" of foam around the entire edge of the DUO-34. I then glued all the foam to the case to keep it in place. It came out really nice.

When the Pelican arrives it will have 2 thick and 2 thin sheets of foam inside. I glued one thin sheet to the top cover, and set the other thin sheet on the bottom. I then traced out my DUO-34 onto a thick sheet and cut the opening using a sharp butcher knife and a straight edge, repeat on the second thick sheet. you'll end up with about 1" of foam around the entire edge of the DUO-34. I then glued all the foam to the case to keep it in place. It came out really nice.
What did you glue it with?

Am I correct in assuming that, with an FM9 (and some EV's attached), the Temple Duo 34 will NOT fit in the Temple Audio 34 branded cases?

Their hard case is way more expensive than a Pelican anyway. But on the soft case side the $89 seems like a good deal.

I'm looking for something to transport my board to practice/gigs, preferably with space for some cables but not a necessity. I'm not flying with it. Just goes in my car to and from the above places so don't necessarily need a hard case/exquisite protection either. So far I'm between:

-Studioslips (would custom build per recs here)
-Pelican V700
-Temple soft bag (if it would fit)
-Any other suggestions people have.
Always go for a pelican/SKB/molded case over soft case. Unless you are some mega touring pro, skip the wood cases also. The peli will protection from the elements, protect it from drops and anything being set on top of it.

my Jr Max came with the "tour case" and with the board and case, its unbearably heavy. I purchased a SKB 3019 to use instead and its more ergonomic to carry, let alone lighter than the wood case of the pedaltrain.

Always go for a pelican/SKB/molded case over soft case. Unless you are some mega touring pro, skip the wood cases also. The peli will protection from the elements, protect it from drops and anything being set on top of it.

my Jr Max came with the "tour case" and with the board and case, its unbearably heavy. I purchased a SKB 3019 to use instead and its more ergonomic to carry, let alone lighter than the wood case of the pedaltrain.
Can I ask which SKB you got? And was it for an FM9 mounted on a Temple 34?

Hey guys. I need to report that the case that I bought for my FM9 would be absolutely PERFECT if I didn't have this Temple Duo 34. If you need a protective case around your FM9 with room for foam and one EV-1, maybe two of Fractals smaller expression pedals, then this would work. The Duo 34 adds 2.75" height, and is snug left to right with .5 inches of dense foam. Without the Duo34 you'd have room for 3.5" of foam to the left and right sides, 2.25" foam front to back, and 2" of foam on the bottom and top. Again, this case # is SKB 3I-3614-6B-E iSeries 3614-6 , waterproof case.
Sorry @Git-Fidler but just want to clarify this...the SKB case did NOT fit the FM9 mounted on the Temple Duo 34 correct? So if mounted, would need a bigger case?

Thanks. I didn’t know bout Shoe-Goo. Looks like it’s not only a glue but a filler. Handy.
It's like Franks sauce, "I use that shit on everything"!!

It does come in black or clear, I recommend the clear. every household should have a tube in the drawer!!

Am I correct in assuming that, with an FM9 (and some EV's attached), the Temple Duo 34 will NOT fit in the Temple Audio 34 branded cases?

Their hard case is way more expensive than a Pelican anyway. But on the soft case side the $89 seems like a good deal.

I'm looking for something to transport my board to practice/gigs, preferably with space for some cables but not a necessity. I'm not flying with it. Just goes in my car to and from the above places so don't necessarily need a hard case/exquisite protection either. So far I'm between:

-Studioslips (would custom build per recs here)
-Pelican V700
-Temple soft bag (if it would fit)
-Any other suggestions people have.
It was possible to locate a TA Duo 24 bag on The Music Emporium that fits the Duo 24 w/ FM9 & StroboStomp tuner & Mosky tap switch. The EV1 purposely stays off the board and is stored in the front pocket as needed. IIRC, the cost was $10 above MSRP plus shipping, but TME was one of the few online places that even had these in stock. TA gig bags are scarce as hen's teeth, but a simple Google search may be your friend.

Just put the finishing touches on this project. Thanks to Deadpool_25 for the inspiration and tips. The custom front panel is from Front Panel Express, the board is a Creation Audio Aero (24x16). The bridge is from Fix Pedalboards and is bolted on. The lid is held closed with (strong) magnets. The FM9 is bolted directly to the board, and the rest is mounted with industrial dual lock. Wiring is soldered Mogami 2552 & 2314 with Square Plug 400s, and also TRS #6 straight plugs.

Attachments

• IMG_5339.jpeg
    IMG_5339.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 248
  • IMG_5338.jpeg
    IMG_5338.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 225
  • IMG_5337.jpeg
    IMG_5337.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 212
  • IMG_5340.jpeg
    IMG_5340.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 255
  • IMG_5345.jpeg
    IMG_5345.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 260
  • IMG_5348.jpeg
    IMG_5348.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 258
  • IMG_5349.jpeg
    IMG_5349.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 253
  • IMG_5343.jpeg
    IMG_5343.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 249
  • IMG_5344.jpeg
    IMG_5344.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 278
Just put the finishing touches on this project. Thanks to Deadpool_25 for the inspiration and tips. The custom front panel is from Front Panel Express, the board is a Creation Audio Aero (24x16). The bridge is from Fix Pedalboards and is bolted on. The lid is held closed with (strong) magnets. The FM9 is bolted directly to the board, and the rest is mounted with industrial dual lock. Wiring is soldered Mogami 2552 & 2314 with Square Plug 400s, and also TRS #6 straight plugs.
It came out great! Isn't it a classy setup? I absolutely love mine.

And yeah those magnets on the bridge are very strong! Lol

Nice! How much does it weigh?

Finally finished my FM9 & FC6 setup. Mounted by bolts onto a Swan Flightcase, customised with a hinged raised platform for pedals (PSU mounted below). Using a Morningstar MC3 to send expression CC messages to either External 1, 2 or 3 expression controllers (switchable from the MC3). A few pedals before the FM9 input. JHS colourbox V2 for vocals into Input2.

FC6 is switched by external SiS switches to show on FC6 only, either looper view, effects view 1 (drives) or effects view 2 (other fx)

1C2F76F4-5106-43A3-8E7A-90AC123846A8.jpeg

Weekend show ended up pretty cool. Stage had full garage doors on each side so we could pull the trailer right up to the stage and we had 3 hours of peace to get it done. Acoustics were surprisingly good for a pole building due to the uncovered insulation and lower ceilings.
I even got to debut my "special amp" for the night. Some people actually think it's where my sound is coming from. :)
1690808240392.jpeg
1690808260414.jpeg
1690808358374.jpeg

Weekend show ended up pretty cool. Stage had full garage doors on each side so we could pull the trailer right up to the stage and we had 3 hours of peace to get it done. Acoustics were surprisingly good for a pole building due to the uncovered insulation and lower ceilings.
I even got to debut my "special amp" for the night. Some people actually think it's where my sound is coming from. :)
View attachment 124308
View attachment 124309
View attachment 124310
Because I have been following your posts on the Pelican as I get mine set up...did you use the cut foam from those as bases for your Headrush 108's?

Back
Top Bottom