Let's see those FM3 rigs!

What size Temple board is that and would you mind posting a pic from the other side back of the board and / or perhaps measuring the clearance behind the FM3 ?
I'm thinking of making a board very similar to this and I'm wondering how much clearance there is for cables behind the FM3 and FC6.
Thanks
RB
I'm not the image poster, but I'm pretty sure that is a Templeboard DUO 34 (86cm x 32cm).

According to Temple Audio's web site FAQ,:

The clearance under the boards is 1.25" at the the front (portion closest to guitarist) to 2.25" at the back (logo side). On top of that; the feet hold the board .25" off the ground - giving you roughly 1.5" to 2.5" clearance. This translates to an average maximum of about 2" for mounting power supplies or pedals near the back of the board.

Check out the online Temple board planner at http://templeplanner.com/ .

Did you have to drill additional holes in the board to match the existing screw holes of the FM3 and FC6?

Nope, they aligned perfectly. The rear top FC6 has two screws but the bottom (16mm) were not quite long enough so I ordered some 20mm's to get rid of the mega zip ties I'm using to secure the FC6. The EV2s also aligned great. I could get a temple mount plate to omit the ugly ass zip tie abomination on my wireless but it works and I don't mind it honestly. I've also seen 90 degree XLRs to be cleaner on the back of the rig but I placed the units in such a way it's not an issue. I did have to dremel a few sections to fit the XLRs & IEC cable through. I know others cut and splice their cables back but widening the holes worked just fine for me as this board is 100% dedicated to the FM3 rig.

Just a newbie here, and I've been thinking about trying the SD powerstage, and so to properly use it i need to disable the Cab sim on my FM3 correct?

It depends, are you using a traditional guitar cab? And do you need to run to FOH as well as your cab?

Last edited:
Just a newbie here, and I've been thinking about trying the SD powerstage, and so to properly use it i need to disable the Cab sim on my FM3 correct?
Cab modeling is not relative to power amps.

Maybe you mean power amp modeling?

I believe the Power Stage is a "flat" amp and if so you should also leave that on.

Cab modeling is not relative to power amps.
It is, though. If you're running a power amp, you're probably also running a guitar cab — and you don't want to have cab modeling on when you do that.

Last edited:
It is, though. If you're running a power amp, you're probably also running a guitar cab — and you don't want to have cab modeling on when you do that.
Lots of people (like me) run passive FRFR with a power amp... But I get your point ;)

Reactions: Rex
The Ventris is killer. I sold mine (and my Nemesis, Vertigo & Neuro Hub) to fund my FM3+FC6 project. I really wish Source Audio would make a Multi-FX.

Source Audio stuff is fantastic! I've had the Collider, Nemesis and Vertigo - all top notch.

Back
Top Bottom