Let's see those FM3 rigs!

..., and what settings you need to tweak to make it work?

Here's what I did to configure the dual switch as preset up/down on TAP, and bank up/down on HOLD. I don't have an additional FC.

I hope this is the "approved way" for doing so.

I used two unused switches of a layout (I chose Presets) and programmed them in FM3 Edit like so:
1587427611432.png

On the FM3 front panel, you have to configure either Pedal 1 or 2 as a "stand-in switch". Here is from the manual (I highlighted what threw me for a loop at first):

1587427656572.png

So, do this from the front panel. If you programmed the switches as described, those values will be offered as choices!

My quick and dirty bolted down board

FM3 screwed in from underneath with stock screws. Exp and wireless also screwed down.

lots of ventilation .
And ready for boots

Attachments

• 7FE4165D-75B5-4BD1-9030-625A53BA4EB9.jpeg
    7FE4165D-75B5-4BD1-9030-625A53BA4EB9.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 301
  • 8BB959A0-B492-45AB-9FD4-CFB7ADA20AB5.jpeg
    8BB959A0-B492-45AB-9FD4-CFB7ADA20AB5.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 304
My quick and dirty bolted down board

FM3 screwed in from underneath with stock screws. Exp and wireless also screwed down.

lots of ventilation .
And ready for boots
I am hoping you left an air gap for the bottom vents? Otherwise your FM3 may overheat...

I made my own two button (momentary) external switch. With my setup I use Switches 1 & 3 hold for preset inc/dec. Switch 2 hold gets me the tuner. Switches 1-5 tap give me scenes 1-5. Gives me 1 row w/equidistant taps to my scenes. I use one preset per song. With 5 scenes and 4 channels to custom configure per song, one preset can cover a lot of ground. Yes....there are cutouts in the sides of my switch box to allow free air flow into the FM3. All gear is 2" velcro attached. Board has latching top cover with feet, carry handle and matching ichthys (fish). Board/top coated with rolled-on deck coating. Very tough durable coating. Yeah, it is kind of 'dukie brown', but I like earth tones.
FM3wExtSw.jpg

I just measured and there was almost 5 inches between the FM3 and the side rail on the other side. It would be safer to say about 4 and 3/4’s inches. You could get more space by moving the FM3 closer to the other side but I wanted to be able to lift the board by the side rails so I wanted a little space for my fingers.

Hey Richard! Cool board. Do you have any issues with the dual lock not being thick enough? I’m worried about the FM3 and ev2 I have being too tall to get a solid connection.

Leon, that’s a cool rig. Nice and compact. I’m curious, what’s your love workflow? I see that looks like a preset of all delay variation scenes.

That particular preset isn't something I'd use live. Live I use 4 scenes arranged on the first view of the perform layout.

Tap FS1 - Scene 1 - Main rhythm guitar sound
Hold FS1 - Scene 2 - Lead
Tap FS2 - Scene 3 - Scene 1 with a dotted eighth rhythmic delay
Hold FS2 - Scene 4 - Scene 3 with a rotary
Tap FS3 - Tap Tempo
Hold FS3 - Tuner

I've attached the preset if you want to try it, although it does require a user cab. I really like the minimalism of 3 buttons and an expression pedal live as it lets me focus more on performing rather than tap dancing.

Attachments

• C++ Live Stereo.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 37
  • LT MARV412 Mix 10.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 24
Hey Richard! Cool board. Do you have any issues with the dual lock not being thick enough? I’m worried about the FM3 and ev2 I have being too tall to get a solid connection.
Nope. I have a mounting plate for the expression pedal that makes it flat. You just screw it on the bottom of the pedal instead of the feet and the base plate. As far as the FM3, I just put dual lock on the feet of the unit and that was all I needed. The hold was so strong, I could turn the pedalboard upside down and the FM3 didn’t move.

Back
Top Bottom