Let's see those FM3 rigs!

How does virtual capo sound? I’ve never tried it
It is usable. The detune is good. I dont hear and warbles or artifacts at 1/2 step down. At this point I still prefer the Digitech "The Drop" pedal. To me the impact to the sound quality is more from the Virtual Capo.

More info on my rig:

Board: Temple Audio Duo 24

On top:
1. Line 6 relay G70 wireless reciever
2. Dunlop Volume X (for expression switch)
3. Darkglass Hyperluminal Compressor (amazing compressor by the way...)I am primarily a bassist, and this is normally used for bass. But it can be plugged in to computer and changed to guitar mode or bass mode. It is a hybrid anolog/digital compressor. Very cool gear.
4. Zoom momementay footswitch. For quick mute/tune. Nothing special, just one I already had laying around.

Underneath:
1. Furman AC215 power conditioner
2. Generic LED strip off Amazon. USB powered.
3. USB power hub. It powers my wireless, compressor, led lights, and provides 5v USB power to my side panel. Note: I use a USB 5v to normal barrel type 9v converter cable to get the proper voltage to the compressor pedal. (Works great, and no noise)

Side panel:
1. Temple Audio power module. It feeds AC power to the Furman. Allows me to plug one IEC power cable on side and turn everything on with one switch.
2. USB port. Provides 5v power only. For charging my iPad. I usually set it next to my board with setlist and notes.
3. One xlr port. I have this routed to my Left (Main) output on the FM3. That way my FM3 XLR port doesn’t get the wear and tear of XLR going in and out after everytime I move it. I only do a mono feed normally. 99% of time I just run mono to FOH.

All cables were assembled/soldered by me. I bought supplies at Redco.com.

Also, here is a shot from the underside.
511E1913-A0B9-4E24-8FEA-4FD94C94FE95.jpeg

More info on my rig:

Board: Temple Audio Duo 24

On top:
1. Line 6 relay G70 wireless reciever
2. Dunlop Volume X (for expression switch)
3. Darkglass Hyperluminal Compressor (amazing compressor by the way...)I am primarily a bassist, and this is normally used for bass. But it can be plugged in to computer and changed to guitar mode or bass mode. It is a hybrid anolog/digital compressor. Very cool gear.
4. Zoom momementay footswitch. For quick mute/tune. Nothing special, just one I already had laying around.

Underneath:
1. Furman AC215 power conditioner
2. Generic LED strip off Amazon. USB powered.
3. USB power hub. It powers my wireless, compressor, led lights, and provides 5v USB power to my side panel. Note: I use a USB 5v to normal barrel type 9v converter cable to get the proper voltage to the compressor pedal. (Works great, and no noise)

Side panel:
1. Temple Audio power module. It feeds AC power to the Furman. Allows me to plug one IEC power cable on side and turn everything on with one switch.
2. USB port. Provides 5v power only. For charging my iPad. I usually set it next to my board with setlist and notes.
3. One xlr port. I have this routed to my Left (Main) output on the FM3. That way my FM3 XLR port doesn’t get the wear and tear of XLR going in and out after everytime I move it. I only do a mono feed normally. 99% of time I just run mono to FOH.

All cables were assembled/soldered by me. I bought supplies at Redco.com.

Also, here is a shot from the underside.
View attachment 65730

I was originally going to go with a Pedaltrain Classic 1 but I have that same Furman and really like your setup. I noticed the new Duo 24's come with only one support bar on the bottom. Can you purchase a second one separately?

Thanks!

Thinking about trying a different approach with my FM3.

Instead of having it on a pedalboard with my FC-6 or FC-12 I think I’m going to use it like I would my Axe-Fx III and set it on top of my FRFR’s on the backline and just run my FC-12 out to the front of stage with me.

Basically all the functionality of my Axe III rig but in a smaller more portable option. The FM3 will be perfect for my out of town shows.
0040928E-7707-4AD3-9A45-FA62C74A4E64.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom