Let's see those FM3 rigs!

I'm mostly using it as a way of saving CPU. The reverbs in the Fractal are pretty nice, though there is something special about cascading two reverbs on the Ventris.
I'm running a ventris with my FM3, I to got the ventris to save some CPU but now I love being able to manually tweak the reverb, on the floor within different presets / scenes. Opens up a whole new world of sound exploration!

View attachment 114305
I just finished wiring this board up! The archer is awesome as a boost and the big sky frees up a bunch of DSP. I’m using the fm3 for amp tones and modulation, and pedals for everything else. It all fits nicely in a pelican 1615 air.

I’ve been using the fm9T, but I’m really looking forward to gigging this board!
That's a nice looking rig, what's the other stymon pedal responsible for?

went through a lot of changes but now all my needs are covered with this compact setup.

Attachments

• 9DEAAB7A-34C5-464F-AB28-1FBC16152B89.jpeg
    9DEAAB7A-34C5-464F-AB28-1FBC16152B89.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 277
That's a nice looking rig, what's the other stymon pedal responsible for?
Thanks! I have an El Cap for delay and a big sky for reverb. I had the el cap sitting on a shelf, a little room on my board, and it saves some dsp, so it made sense to throw it on the board.

I just sold off my Kemper and most of my board, so this setup just made sense as I had it all anyway.

Finally got it all together...

PXL_20230202_094857238~2.jpg
The dual button switch changes views on the FM3 on the tap function (left & right) Holding the left switch down toggles the page on the Morningstar MC6 and holding down the right switch toggles between Scenes / Effects layouts on the FM3.
The MC6 is on a riser to make it easier to access the buttons.
Screen protectors are homemade from 3mm perspex and self adhesive magnetic tape..
It's all mounted on a Warwick Rockboard 3.1. (it all fits in the original pedalboard softcase , the "overhang" is due to the camera angle)

I've had the FM3 for a couple of months now and haven't used any of my other gear since it arrived! The level of control that the Fractal ecosystem offers is beyond anything else I have come across and of course, it sounds superb.

Last edited:
Been meaning to post my latest set-up, but here it is:
  • Pedaltrain Classic 2 board. I transport this in a Pedaltrain soft case that works perfectly. It would not go with the hard case I have.
  • Under the board I have a Walrus Aetos power supply. This is powering the wireless, the MC6, and the FM3 (it has a 120VAC output). Fun fact, it wedges exactly between the frame pieces under the board; didn't even have to use velcro.
  • Both EV5s going direct to FM3 pedal jacks. The upper one I generally keep designated for volume and the other one is usually auto-on wah, but I also assign it to various other functions in some presets/scenes.
  • MC6 only using MIDI to FM3. I have it set up primarily for the following:
    • Tap tempo. That same button is set up for long press tuner.
    • Five of the other buttons are set up for toggling effects. I've been playing with toggling
    • One button is set up for quick access to other presets (using tap, double-tap, and long press)
  • For my primary band (funk/jazz fusion thing), I run out1 in stereo to FOH and then run out2 mono to an HR108 on the floor. I may upgrade to a "real" FRFR soon.
  • For my secondary band (hard rock/metal thing), they prefer a very loud stage, so I am running out2 with no cab block to a PS200 into a Marshall 4x12. Out1 has a cab block and goes FOH/monitors.
  • I pretty much just run in Scenes mode on the FM3, though I've modified that so that each button toggles between two scenes.
    • Button 1: Clean/Clean + Delay
    • Button 2: Dirty Lead with wah/Dirty Lead with pitch effect.
    • Button 3: Mellow clean for when keys are soloing / Lush verby clean for an ambient vibe.
    • I do have a second Scenes page available to access two other scenes on certain songs and replicate the first two buttons on this view.
  • I've got everything stuck on with straight velcro which has worked pretty well, but the FM3 needs to be reset every once in a while.

FM3_Rig.jpg

Back
Top Bottom