Let's see those FM3 rigs!

HI!

First wanted to have a fancy TempleBoard for my fm3 rig, but too expensive with custom flight case etc.

So I'm gonna do like always the DIY way.

My pedalboard always had some carpet, standard grey/black thing, had no problem with the Kemper stage

I'm gonna put some raisers under the fm3 for better air flow, any advice? Good or Nay?

Here's a sample pic of my previous board
Pedalboard.jpg

The next board will be 60x45 so don't know if I can still put my custom mic stand on it lol .

Thanxs

Here’s mine almost finished with my brand new fm3.

At first I wanted to make a fancy and trendy temple audio board because they really seems awesome and look very great and clean. But… omg €€€€…

Si I decided to do like my previous one, a little DIY board.

Simple and effective but sure no fancy at all lol.

I just now have to order a custom case at Thomann.

• Simple 1cm plywood
  • Didn’t find the carpet I wanted so I bought a cheap carpet (don’t know the exact term) that is working really great, Velcro works really great on it.
  • I’ve made 2 raisers for the fm3 with some cardboard and duck tape, gonna replace them soon with wood blocks
  • DUCKTAPE ! Lol.

On the board :
-FM3 (obviously)
-X sonic Airstep : I use it to change scenes, tuner, tap tempo.
I also use it with my iPad and forscore, each forscore sheet on my iPad change the preset,scenes and enable/disable, change blocks etc via Bluetooth on my fm3, I love that.
Maybe gonna add a Airstep lite next to it later, for easier access to everything like an poor man’s fm13 hahaha.
-M-Audio Ex-p : I don’t use it much, it’s cheap, available, effective and light. Sold my mission because I didn’t like it and way too pricey for my use.
  • Line6 G50
  • Irig Blue turn that changes sheets/pages on forscore on my Pad
  • small form factor power strip with 2 standard usb 1usb C, really handy. Unfortunately didn’t find it black.
  • DIY mic stand and iPhone and IPad stand also.

Maybe gonna buy a second Ex-P to have volume and wha available any time. Like I said earlier maybe a Airstep lite but before surely a 2 switch thingy like hotone ampero to have a control switch and tuner with easier access.
And the Thomann case of course.

Small size, light weight, killer tones.

Attachments

• 25F15BB6-D880-4B8B-9610-13A1E14F78A6.jpeg
    25F15BB6-D880-4B8B-9610-13A1E14F78A6.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 215
  • 282C6CA2-A841-446E-9B4E-FC6F69E2DC3F.jpeg
    282C6CA2-A841-446E-9B4E-FC6F69E2DC3F.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 210
I'm scrolling this thread and I am not finding something I'm looking for... a flat, Temple or Holey-style board with side handles.
I don't want an incline, which is all I see on any hole-punched board I like. Reason being is, the height of the FM3 will be too tall for the Pedaltrain Classic hard case I want to put it into. I am thinking a Temple board, 22x15, but upside down lol. 22x15 is the measurements of the hard case.
If you guys have seen such a thing, let me know, or maybe I didn't see it in this thread. :)

I'm scrolling this thread and I am not finding something I'm looking for... a flat, Temple or Holey-style board with side handles.
I don't want an incline, which is all I see on any hole-punched board I like. Reason being is, the height of the FM3 will be too tall for the Pedaltrain Classic hard case I want to put it into. I am thinking a Temple board, 22x15, but upside down lol. 22x15 is the measurements of the hard case.
If you guys have seen such a thing, let me know, or maybe I didn't see it in this thread. :)

Why not DIY it? Simple plywood and 2 handlebars: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/show-us-your-mfc-setups-post-your-pics.29984/post-1027717

Why not DIY it?

My first couple pedalboard builds were bamboo cutting boards from target plus 3m dual lock. They looked kind of messy because I'm a bit lazy at cable management unless I have an underside to hide them....but they worked great.

I keep thinking about going back to something like that because the angle doesn't feel right for my expression pedal.

Thanks embion, yes, more and more it's looking like I'll have to DIY.
I was trying to avoid that because by the time I create the board I might be out in $$ and time the same as if I'd bought a new commercial board. I like the strength and lightness of the aluminum like the pedaltrain ones.
So, if I do DIY, I'll probably do a wood board, not too thick, cut channels across it to lighten it up, and cover it with velcro. The cable runs will be on top of the board but I can hide them with some thick velcro ties holding it down.
I might abandon the Pedaltrain Classic hard case and use an AMZ pelican-style case I found, 22x14 should be plenty, and it's tall enough.

1679082416472.png

My first couple pedalboard builds were bamboo cutting boards from target plus 3m dual lock. They looked kind of messy because I'm a bit lazy at cable management unless I have an underside to hide them....but they worked great.

I keep thinking about going back to something like that because the angle doesn't feel right for my expression pedal.
The question here is, did you get the cutting board with the juice groove, for all the sweet tone drip??

LOL.

The question here is, did you get the cutting board with the juice groove, for all the sweet tone drip??

LOL.

No...I should have. It was just flat bamboo.

But, I'm convinced that drip tone is largely a pick/muting technique anyway. Unless we're talking about different things, which is actually really likely.

i can do so much with 3 switches just listen to Cooper Carter on Youtube
I actually read the part of the manual that deals with those switches (I have the Axe III), just so I could explain to someone who thought the unit was severely limited in its abilities, that it was not the case, as they are very well thought-out.

Back
Top Bottom