Let's see those FM3 rigs!

Please explain this wiring and function. Very cool
I primarily only use three presets that pretty much mirror each other. The difference being one has a phaser, one has a flanger, and one has a tremolo. The buttons on the FM3 are set up to activate the primary effect of the current preset, and launch the other two. For instance, if I am on the phaser preset, one button will activate the phaser, while the other two will either take me to the flanger preset or the tremolo preset.
The AirStep is set up for scenes 1-4 with the 5th button serving as a tap/tuner. I use the the expression pedal inputs on the AirStep with the Mission SP1(the toe switch to toggle between Volume and Wah).
For the Dual Switch, switch 1 is my lead boost and switch 2 is my ray gun (I tend to lean on it WAY more than I should!! But it sounds so cool.).
For the MXR Taps, one activates my ambient preset, and the other activates my synth preset. I don't really use these that often. But I figure it's better to have it and not need it, rather than need it and not have it.
The mini toggle switch is for the LED lights under the board.
I have been meaning to try @Doogz OMG5 layout set, to see if I can get it to work for me. I haven't been able to find the time yet. But if it does, I could free up some real estate by getting rid of the AirStep.

This is my current rig. FM3 + FC6

I'm currently using a Seymour Duncan PS170 but I'm planning to buy a Fryette PS2 or PS100 and keep the SD as a backup unit (very portable, less than 1kg).

The cabs are high quality clones of the famous Bogner Cube 1x12.
One is loaded with a Celestion V30 T4335 Mesa OEM and the other with a Celestion Creamback H75.

It sounds amazing.

Attachments

• 20240419_131233.jpg
    20240419_131233.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 33
  • 20240227_111012.jpg
    20240227_111012.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 32
  • 20240626_132248.jpg
    20240626_132248.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 33
This is my current rig. FM3 + FC6

I'm currently using a Seymour Duncan PS170 but I'm planning to buy a Fryette PS2 or PS100 and keep the SD as a backup unit (very portable, less than 1kg).

The cabs are high quality clones of the famous Bogner Cube 1x12.
One is loaded with a Celestion V30 T4335 Mesa OEM and the other with a Celestion Creamback H75.

It sounds amazing.
i also play Ibanez through a PS200 and single 112 cab on small gigs - the best portable rig ever!:hearteyes:

I say go for it! Happy to help tweak too ... I have Version Two nearly ready :)

What is in the ray gun?
The ray gun is the Steve Stevens trick that uses the synth block. I learned it back in the Axe FX 2 days, and just always carried it over as I upgraded equipment (AX8 and now FM3). Since my band only played Rebel Yell, I didn't see a need for attaching it to an expression pedal for varying speeds.

Attachments

• IMG_0198.jpeg
    IMG_0198.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0199.jpeg
    IMG_0199.jpeg
    909.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0270.jpeg
    IMG_0270.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0268.jpeg
    IMG_0268.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 46
Took advantage of having to send my FM3 off to have the display replaced (shout out to GU66 for great customer service) and streamlined my board. Slightly changed the layout, removed the power takeoff on the Faslink, rationalised the wiring, added midi interface and tin to keep plectrums safe. Also saved over 1kg in weight by replacing my old Headrush expression pedal with a Hotone Ampero II Press (should have done that when it got the board but to tight). Still wondering about moving the wireless receiver from the tray underneath into the space just above the Hotone occupied by the tin and transmitter charger, but want to see if that will be in the way of my size 9’s first. On the whole pretty happy with the result.
Before
IMG_0234.jpeg
After
IMG_5414.jpeg IMG_5410.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom