Let the price gouging begin….

I’m just glad I have mine or I’d probably be tempted.

Yeah almost, luckily I'm a fairly patient man in most cases and I have the FM3 already to keep the itch away. Guitars however I'm way less disciplined with, I'm like a moth to a flame. I just had to painfully let an ESP USA MII slip away on Reverb because its just not financially sound right now but it was Lingchi!

I messaged the guy right after he posted it . Reamed him out and asked him how he sleeps at night. He replied with his excuse which I don’t buy. Problem is that someone will buy it .

I messaged the guy right after he posted it . Reamed him out and asked him how he sleeps at night. He replied with his excuse which I don’t buy. Problem is that someone will buy it .
Problem for you, but not for the many of us that in the past had not option but to buy from these sources. No matter how you feel, we are somehow grateful that we had these choices available :)

Last edited:
Honestly there’s not much point (unless it makes you feel better which is valid). People are gonna do what people are gonna do.

I served 20 and I love my country so don’t take this wrong, but capitalist society has its positives and negatives. This is just one of the negatives (depending on perspective obviously).

There’s a very well known French phrase that I believe would make many (if not most) Americans a lot happier if they could truly internalize it:

C’est la vie

The flip side is that goes against the primary mindset that is the reason the US exists. It’s also counter to why the country has thrived despite being less than 250 years old (think about it..that’s only 4 generations!).

So I mean you kinda need to take the good with the bad, soooo…

C’est la vie?

:)

I feel like the new Americanized version of that has become "It is what it is."

Unless we want to quibble about what is is. ;)

Thank you for your service, too, Deadpool!!

I’ll just say I’ve personally met “scalpers” over the years that really wish they could keep the product for themselves, but they really couldn’t afford it, and they really needed the extra money. Not everyone is a bot. Not everyone can afford the luxurious lifestyle of a PS5 or Fractal Audio gear.

At the risk of being chastised, ostracized, or whatever, I say, good for him. He was smart. He probably knew the market well enough to know that an item such as this would be in huge demand, probably in-tune with FAS enough to be on the email notifications, and set alerts to know the minute something like this would drop, so he could get in line early, had the money ready, then took advantage (yeah, that word that no one seems to like, yet everyone does to various degrees) of the market, and put a quick $1000 in his pocket. He was also willing to take a risk. I do not feel he, however, took advantage of someone, because if a person is willing to spend that amount, then he had the means and apparently the need, and thus got what he wanted.

If we were talking about people jacking up the price of plywood 300% when a hurricane is threatening, then I'd feel differently.

At the risk of being chastised, ostracized, or whatever, I say, good for him. He was smart. He probably knew the market well enough to know that an item such as this would be in huge demand, probably in-tune with FAS enough to be on the email notifications, and set alerts to know the minute something like this would drop, so he could get in line early, had the money ready, then took advantage (yeah, that word that no one seems to like, yet everyone does to various degrees) of the market, and put a quick $1000 in his pocket. He was also willing to take a risk. I do not feel he, however, took advantage of someone, because if a person is willing to spend that amount, then he had the means and apparently the need, and thus got what he wanted.

If we were talking about people jacking up the price of plywood 300% when a hurricane is threatening, then I'd feel differently.

Yeah, pretty sure he is not "going to hell" for what he did, or did not do re: that FM9. :)

These guys are effectively charging a premium for their place in line. Just about everyone on the current waitlist would happily pay something to move to the front. Some would pay $10, a few will obviously pay $1500. So, unless you can honestly say you would pay zero to move to the front of the line, then you are just chucking rocks in a glass house. Lol.

Last edited:
It is simple supply and demand. It has been like for over a 150 years. Try buying a new truck right now. You will pay 10k over MSRP and still wait 4 months if you order one. If you don't want to pay that for new ,buy used. It's same with any new product that is low in stock just like the FM9. Right now it's worse with supply chain issues. Our ports are clogged with ships that can not get in to unload products. Yep, it sucks

It is simple supply and demand. It has been like for over a 150 years. Try buying a new truck right now. You will pay 10k over MSRP and still wait 4 months if you order one. If you don't want to pay that for new ,buy used. It's same with any new product that is low in stock just like the FM9. Right now it's worse with supply chain issues. Our ports are clogged with ships that can not get in to unload products. Yep, it sucks
I don't know where people are buying trucks, but I just traded mine in with 94k miles and got within $2k what I paid for it 3 years and 47k miles ago. And I certainly didn't pay $10k over MSRP for the new one...but I didn't order it either...they happened to have what I wanted on the lot at the end of the month. Though I do see your point as it relates to the FM9

New autos are not the same thing. Unless it's something like a Ford Raptor, I'd tell any dealer that tried to charge 10k over MSRP to go pound sand. And you know what? As long as the dealership is a big one, that gets a lot of allocation, the salesperson would be calling after me as I walked out the door, guaranteed. But you gotta go shopping at the end of the month. Most of them just need the numbers, i.e., lots of sales. The manager will get involved, but so what.

Looks like 5 have been sold on Reverb and there are 3 more active now. I have to say I am still surprised at the price they are getting.

1633005181068.png

These are the ones that sold. I bet the guys that sold theirs's at $2500 and $2100 wished they had listed them closer to 3k.

Back
Top Bottom