Let’s see your les pauls

It was a Korean copy fitted , problem with a saddle on it , actually the new original floyd did alter the resonance quite a bit , rings more unplugged , more zing .. I am not very good at describing these things but defo made a positive difference , I am sure Andy can comment more with his knowledge than I can

It was a Korean copy fitted , problem with a saddle on it , actually the new original floyd did alter the resonance quite a bit , rings more unplugged , more zing .. I am not very good at describing these things but defo made a positive difference , I am sure Andy can comment more with his knowledge than I can

Wait a minute ! Did I understand correctly that the L.P. Axcess is a Korean copy ? Where / how did you get it ?

No just the Floyd , the guitar is a U.S.A. custom shop , which is why it’s surprising to come with ‘copy’ Floyd

O.K., I get it .... You meant the Floyd was the Korean copy ! Ahhhh ....

That's one of the nicest looking Axcess models that I've ever seen !

It was fitted with a OEM Korean Floyd that is supposed to be as good as the German one but it absolutely isn't. IME the Korean ones vary quite a bit. The problem Chris had with this one was a defective high E saddle with a damaged thread. Even with a new bolt it just slipped and couldn't reliably hold the string. We could have just swapped out the saddle but it was a catalog of future potential issues and Chris thought (and I agree ) the best thing was to cut your losses and fit a German 1984. The guitar sounds so much fuller with the new bridge . It is a loverly guitar now especially with the Throbak 101s which are IMO the best paf reproduction available, better than many original ones.
On a side not Gibson only fit this version of the Floyd regardless of how expensive the guitar . PRS and Suhr also fit these on some models.

Bought this riff machine about 6 months ago. My first Gibson, but it was always clear that the first Gibson I'd get would be a Les Paul. It's a 2021 stamped Classic, and while it came stock with Grovers with the kidney buttons, I never liked the way those looked and since aesthetics matter, a couple of weeks ago I switched the buttons to keystones. Thinking about it now it might have been a bit hasty, since I think the guitar will have locking tuners and possible a new bridge installed in the near future, but what the hell. Currently everything's stock apart from the tuner buttons, and I just love how the guitar sounds and feels to play. What I don't love is how much of a fingerprint magnet the ebony finish is, but going back to the aesthetics thing, it just looks really great and such is life.

IMG_1323.jpeg

Sambora’s ‘my friend ‘ Schopfer’ les Paul ..kahler is a pain to keep in tune , fettled by mr Andrew eagle again and plays better
Credit to me Sambora as the thing weighs a ton and he played it massively in the early 80’s on stage
Supposed to be 400 hours of work in it allegedly ..third pickup was added later by Richie , but just a look thing , not even wired up
Cool guitar .. check out the ‘in and out of love’ video
2148E113-5FE5-4225-8A32-63FB8A5D2260.jpeg

Attachments

• 5CD24119-0830-4044-9873-18983B6FD2F4.jpeg
    5CD24119-0830-4044-9873-18983B6FD2F4.jpeg
    68.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 84D1EA89-1BA6-473E-89EB-7D5785C0E637.jpeg
    84D1EA89-1BA6-473E-89EB-7D5785C0E637.jpeg
    134.8 KB · Views: 10
Back
Top Bottom