Leon appreciation thread!

I also learned a ton from Sir Leon the Legend. My wife even watches his YouTube videos with me because she's a cat lover. Leon should be Knighted!

Not sure how much I can add. Leon is an absolute legend, and I agree wholeheartedly with every word written in this thread (maybe aside from any comment on the pronunciation of the word "beta", which people in the US seem to struggle with, Leon has it right. ;) )

The thing for me is that Leon's infectious enthusiasm always seems to come so genuinely from a love of music, and very specifically from a love of the guitar as a musical instrument. I learn a hell of a lot from his tutorials on Fractal products, but also find it incredibly interesting to watch his demos of anything else. This includes '80s and '90s rack gear that I thought I hated back in the day, but just hadn't figured out how to get the best out of.

Ambassador for Fractal products? Yes. For any reason other than knowing how capable and great sounding it is? Definitely doesn't seem like it!

Liam

Leon is truly a giant in the Fractal universe! I subscribe to his YouTube channel and his Friday Q&A video are the highlight of my week. If you have not checked out his band, Ragdoll, do so. They are fan-freaking-tactic!

were-not-worthy-waynes-world.gif

Leon heavily influenced my onboarding process to the Fractal ecosystem. I don't know if I would've found the success I did without his videos and his willingness to share his tips and tricks. His IRs are still my go to choices for most amps. Leon is a bloody legend!

Truly,a star among the many stars that populate the Fractal universe.Thamks to you for all the time you dedicate and your generosity in sharing all you do.

If y’all truly appreciate what Leon does here, support him with $5/month (or whatever the monthly subscription price is). That’s the way to make sure we get more great Leon vids!

That’s how I show appreciation, anyway.

I too appreciate all Leon has shared with me and this community. His understanding of tone, amps, controls, speakers, and just playing is incredible! Thanks Leon!

Echo everything said, Leon is an absolute legend.
When I first got my AF3, I was watching so many of his videos that stuff like this was showing up in my YouTube recommended videos. Love it!

Where he is from its called a 'schooner'....and when you ask for one don't forget to add MATE!
As the fellow Strayan in this video shows, there are many different meanings to the word mate. There are at least 4 usages in this video: “dick-head”, “close-as-family”, “respected stranger”, and a “fuuuuuck!”. There are others. You can call your girlfriend mate, but not her mum, but her dad can call you mate. (Although, depending on the tone of voice, he may politely telling you to fuck off.)

It’s a sublime and subtle word.

Oh remember that English guy that poked around inside the unit with a chopstick? The one that got offended when Cliff called him a chucklehead? That was the first video I ever saw on the AxeFX. Leon’s was the second. I bought the AxeFX 😂

The 5 minute tones were super useful for me, and his one-on-one lessons are well worth it!

Back
Top Bottom