LED "Bulbs"

I love LED lights. Sorry, but I guess my eyesight is not good enough to see vast difference. I have lamps with LEDS that I have not changed for years. They are easy to read by and live by. That is my experience with them.

I love LED lights. Sorry, but I guess my eyesight is not good enough to see vast difference. I have lamps with LEDS that I have not changed for years. They are easy to read by and live by. That is my experience with them.
Try comparing an LED bulb of around 3200K Kelvin (in a fixture that limits the beamwidth) side by side with a halogen PAR. Wait until night, then place them next to each other, angled away from each other. Place you hand in front of the halogen and study the skin tones. After a minute, move your hand in front of the LED. You might be in for a shock. Try it again with a deeply red object. The red will pop under the halogen and appear washed out and color shifted under the LED. Halogen PARS are the highest quality indoor lights I've ever seen.

LED technology is improving. But it's nowhere near the quality of halogens yet.

Try comparing an LED bulb of around 3200K Kelvin (in a fixture that limits the beamwidth) side by side with a halogen PAR. Wait until night, then place them next to each other, angled away from each other. Place you hand in front of the halogen and study the skin tones. After a minute, move your hand in front of the LED. You might be in for a shock. Try it again with a deeply red object. The red will pop under the halogen and appear washed out and color shifted under the LED. Halogen PARS are the highest quality indoor lights I've ever seen.

LED technology is improving. But it's nowhere near the quality of halogens yet.
Never disputed that my friend...................Just stating my preferences---for now!

I will add this:
Halogen bulbs are seen as a bigger safety risk than modern LED bulbs as they reach higher temperatures, creating a fire risk if they come into contact with flammable materials.Apr 16, 2019

Never disputed that my friend...................Just stating my preferences---for now!

I will add this:
Halogen bulbs are seen as a bigger safety risk than modern LED bulbs as they reach higher temperatures, creating a fire risk if they come into contact with flammable materials.Apr 16, 2019
This is a cool thread I could talk for days, I had a bathroom light with small halogen bulbs that I must have plunged one replacement in using fingers with no protection for the bulb, ok? "Got it" So my fingers may have had some natural oils or dirt on them, fast forward 6 years "I'm arguing with better half one late morning and it explodes "Bang!" glass shrapnel all over the place... the explosion shattered though a protective glass outer shell if not for that we would have been casualties... um all of my Halogen lite bulbs are no longer in use...

This is a cool thread I could talk for days, I had a bathroom light with small halogen bulbs that I must have plunged one replacement in using fingers with no protection for the bulb, ok? "Got it" So my fingers may have had some natural oils or dirt on them, fast forward 6 years "I'm arguing with better half one late morning and it explodes "Bang!" glass shrapnel all over the place... the explosion shattered though a protective glass outer shell if not for that we would have been casualties... um all of my Halogen lite bulbs are no longer in use...

I have this downstairs room with two weird wall mounted halogens. They look like the bulbs that were in those tall halogen lamps that everyone had like 20 years ago. The big black ones that caught people's drapes on fire. If you took the top off one of those, cut it in half, and mounted that to the wall; it would look like these lamps. I never have them on because it just seems like a bad idea, but when I do, you smell the dust cooking, along with whatever else fell in there.

I have this downstairs room with two weird wall mounted halogens. They look like the bulbs that were in those tall halogen lamps that everyone had like 20 years ago. The big black ones that caught people's drapes on fire. If you took the top off one of those, cut it in half, and mounted that to the wall; it would look like these lamps. I never have them on because it just seems like a bad idea, but when I do, you smell the dust cooking, along with whatever else fell in there.
Yep, I had the "Torch" Lamps in the 80'/90's bugs b a-ware, your cooked! lol... and everything else including your home if your not careful...

I do have a tall corner lamp with a halogen in my florida room. Hardly use it so it doesn't get a chance to get too hot.
Good discussion on both sides of this product

Back
Top Bottom