LCD Hard To Read

dsl

Experienced
Hello,

With the contrast set to 100% (max) - the LCD Screen is perfect when viewing straight on.

When viewing from above (45 degree angle) the LCD text is very light @
any contrast setting in the I/O Menu.

Wanted to know if this was common or not w/ the Axe II (this was not the case with the Ultra).

For reference the LCD Screen is Green :mrgreen (photo below):

Fractal-Audio-Axe-Fx-II.jpg

Last edited:
Anybody else have any observations one way or the other?

Don't be shy...

:geek

Some LCD displays have both contrast and view angle adjustment capabilities. Not sure if the Axe II has one of those type displays, or if they took advantage of using it in the design.

Last edited:
Some LCD displays have both contrast and view angle adjustment capabilities. Not sure if the Axe II has one of those type displays, or if they took advantage of using it in the design.

The Axe II only has contrast.

Yes, the II is hard to read. The Ultra was better readable. Controls max is like middle in other devices.

I need to view the Axe from above and it's very bad visible this way.

Last edited:
Anybody else care to chime in?

Anybody not have this issue?

Is there a possible fix for this?

Same here... WAY more contrast on my Ultra. II is definitely harder to read.

I'm sure Cliff, or someone at FAS reads these types of posts. I am curious as to whether they will try and improve this on units that have not yet shipped, or if there is nothing that can be done to improve the readability.

I'm sure Cliff, or someone at FAS reads these types of posts. I am curious as to whether they will try and improve this on units that have not yet shipped, or if there is nothing that can be done to improve the readability.

Would be great to get an official word if this is "fixable" or not.

Back
Top Bottom