KSE tone test

Hey JAB,

maybe I'm sitting on my ears. Or they're so much worse than yours ... :oops: :?:

Again, I feel this thing rawking :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: so much.
I can't say if the tone is exactly nailed. But I don't mind. I feel so much energie and this all fits so tight.

Man you don't need this understatement. Your recordings are just so cool! Don't stop!

Micha

michl_666 said:
Hey JAB,

maybe I'm sitting on my ears. Or they're so much worse than yours ... :oops: :?:

Again, I feel this thing rawking :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: so much.
I can't say if the tone is exactly nailed. But I don't mind. I feel so much energie and this all fits so tight.

Man you don't need this understatement. Your recordings are just so cool! Don't stop!

Micha

hahaha cheers buddy, don't worry I won't stop.......
I quess I kinda get bummed out because I can get it better but that would require ermmm..... hard work ;)

Definately wasn't trying to 'nail' the tone, but get something that worked for this style and was semi-similar.

glad you liked it!!

great one... i'm big fan of kse and this tone is much better than any of their studio albums... i mean it ;)

Dang man! This sounded really good! You nailed it as far as i'm concerned!!!

Would you care to share your patch that you used on this one?

D20 said:
Dang man! This sounded really good! You nailed it as far as i'm concerned!!!

Would you care to share your patch that you used on this one?

+1

Sounds great for this style.
what were your Multiband setting too please :mrgreen:

MOSHON
DAVE

Nice, JAB! I'd love to take a look and listen to this preset too if you don't mind sharing. As you indicated, it's not super close to the original, but it's in the ballpark. I love the tones KSE gets on their studio stuff, so they are on my list of "top tones to cop with the Axe-FX", myself. Thanks for sharing your work and nice job!

Regards,
Jeff

Hey thanks guys,

I think what I'll do is when I get my hands on a more 'suitable' guitar (les paul with hi output pups etc) I'll try again :cool:

I'd be happy to upload the patch but I still haven't figured out the whole axe-exchange thing?
the sites always down? sorry total noob :?

JAB said:
Hey thanks guys,

I think what I'll do is when I get my hands on a more 'suitable' guitar (les paul with hi output pups etc) I'll try again :cool:

I'd be happy to upload the patch but I still haven't figured out the whole axe-exchange thing?
the sites always down? sorry total noob :?

Rif helped me before by these two ways: 2 was the easiest for me.

1. The easiest way to export a patch is using the newest version of AXE-EDIT. It has an "Export" function in the menu which can be used to save a .syx file.
2. If you want to use your familiar SendSX, just go into the Axe's UTILITY menu and search for for SEND PRESET TO MIDI (or something similar), press ENTER and SendSX will display some data in the Midi In-Pane (the data that has been sent by the Axe-Fx). "File | Save Midi In" can be used to save the data as a .syx file.

Hope this helps

I'm a huge KSE fan and that was friggin' awesome. That would fool ANYBODY live. Granted, I didn't A/B the album or anything, but it sounds good enough to fool my memory of the tone!

Absolutely awesome!!

How much guitar tracks did you record? Four or Two?

And i´m very interested in which drum samples did you use. The snare drum is absolutely awesome. It has so much punch. Which effects did you use on the snare drum?

Good job!

That smoked. WIsh I could program drums or could find some decent drum loops. I am drum dumb.
Great job!

Mark

Sidivan said:
I'm a huge KSE fan and that was friggin' awesome. That would fool ANYBODY live. Granted, I didn't A/B the album or anything, but it sounds good enough to fool my memory of the tone!

Thanks man, I'd like to think live it would do the trick.....having said that I've seen 'em live and the absolutely have the 'tone' so maybe not :mrgreen:

samhill said:
That smoked. WIsh I could program drums or could find some decent drum loops. I am drum dumb.
Great job!

Mark

Thanks mark!!
been following your clips for a while, and absolutely waayyy prefer your tones lol

shhhhhhhh......keep this between you and I...........but all those drums were *cough* programmed by selecting midi drum parts (played by real drummers) and dropped into my daw :lol:

Seriously get superior drummer, and the monster midi packs and you're sorted!!

Borusse4711 said:
Absolutely awesome!!

How much guitar tracks did you record? Four or Two?

And i´m very interested in which drum samples did you use. The snare drum is absolutely awesome. It has so much punch. Which effects did you use on the snare drum?

Good job!

thanks a lot man!! I'm actually kinda bummed on the drums, but at least am in the ballpark of what I want, which is like a slightly more natural 'sneap' sound as my ideal.
It's the suprasonic metal foundry snare mixed in with the piccolo snare sample from the 'dm4' drum library (my fav snare sample ever!!)
Then I colored it with psp audio 'vintage warmer' tape preset, plus urs compressor and oxford e.q, then just a dash of plate verb (1.2 milliseconds- lp 6khz, hp 200hz)

Gman2oo6 said:
That just sounds amazing, sounds like such a good mix :mrgreen: is that superior drummer, metal foundry?

Thanks man, yeah it's metal foundry.......good ears :mrgreen:
I've got avatar/hit factory/allaire and metal foundry is definitely the easiest to mix for metal/hard rock.

Hey, no something happened and I didn't save the patch-

It was fairly straight forward though,

new recto + 4x12 v30 + 57/421 (421 was mixed in about 70%)
-3db cut @ 2k with the parametric.

settings were-
gain 4
mids 3
treble 5
pres 10
mstr 9

cheers :cool:

sounds great

you made a KSE clip WITHOUT using a TS808 boost pedal?! :eek: :D

you somehow got that 'boosted' tone without actually boosting :lol:

Back