KickTags Pro - new labels for MFC coming soon!

Sukh, how are you dealing with the problems of the MFC 's having different size mounting nuts on the switches. I got into trouble with the Gigwrx lables not fitting my MFC. I had your labels to start with and they fit fine just wore them out, the Gigwrx that I bought next did not fit. Now looking at your new ones and worried.

Hey mate,

I actually became aware of this anomaly in nut-sizes with the MFCs a while ago and, when I launched KickTags V2, I resized the switch cutout in the magnets then to accommodate. They will either fit snugly or, going on experience with others since I resized the cutout, you'll have the teeniest of wiggle room.

As I've observed others have found over the past year or so, however, it's a simple and cheap job to replace those nuts with easily obtainable smaller alternatives from any hardware store if you feel the need.

What are you using the mini rotary exp controller for?

Hey mate - I was using one for delay level and the other for a variable filter going into a clean amp to allow me to make it grittier or cleaner. Not sure how I'm going to use them now though - got some experimenting to do!

Hey mate,

I actually became aware of this anomaly in nut-sizes with the MFCs a while ago and, when I launched KickTags V2, I resized the switch cutout in the magnets then to accommodate. They will either fit snugly or, going on experience with others since I resized the cutout, you'll have the teeniest of wiggle room.

As I've observed others have found over the past year or so, however, it's a simple and cheap job to replace those nuts with easily obtainable smaller alternatives from any hardware store if you feel the need.

If for some reason you need to replace the nuts, its very simple. Here's an inexpensive supplier that i found for the nuts that fit perfectly. Just thought id share incase anyone needs them. I wasnt able to find the correct size nuts in any major hardware store. At least here in the US/Chicagoland area.
Hex Nut, Taiwanese Switches

Last edited:
Thanks brother - much appreciated!

No, I won't be selling the smaller sized (control) labels in that way I'm afraid and the text labels are sized to fit the main labels anyway.

As for the adhesive labels - I've been peeling and re-sticking one to my board on and off for a while with no issues, but will keep a fresh one on for the next couple of weeks to double check. As the MFC has an anodized finish, it should be cool.

that's cool. no worries.
looking forward to your launch.

As for the adhesive labels - I've been peeling and re-sticking one to my board on and off for a while with no issues, but will keep a fresh one on for the next couple of weeks to double check. As the MFC has an anodized finish, it should be cool.

I've been using labels from a label machine lately on my MFC Mk 3.
And gaffer tape.

When removing they don't leave residue, but they do have an impact: the switch numbers on the MFC become faint.

Seems like a MFC issue.

the switch numbers on the MFC become faint.

Seems like a MFC issue.

I noticed that this is only a problem on MK 2 and 3 models. The white paint on the MK 1 models is much more stable.

(This is not meant to be a joke ;))

I've been using labels from a label machine lately on my MFC Mk 3.
And gaffer tape.

When removing they don't leave residue, but they do have an impact: the switch numbers on the MFC become faint.

Seems like a MFC issue.

Ah, thanks for the heads-up Yek. With the looper stickers, they're small enough that you can place them above a surround and not have them touch any text at all, but that's valuable information for anyone considering sticking *anything* to their MFC. I have a MK 1 and haven't had any issues with that, but obviously I have no control over the print / manufacture / materials of anything that people may want to stick stuff to.

Hey mate, they're awesome (AMT EX50)! Very very compact and have allowed me to significantly reduce the footprint of my board. I wanted to streamline everything, and they were just the ticket.

Having moved away from the mindset of an amp/cab to the Axe FX, then having moved away from the mindset of having the look of pedals on my board, I decided to move away from the mindset that I needed an expression pedal to look like a regular wah :)

However, YMMV. I don't have giant feet and these are just right for me. If you need the feel of a full sized pedal beneath your foot (which some people may prefer from a control perspective), then they won't be for u.

I also got me two of these. Very cute pedals, but still functional. Not only less deep but also less wide.

I wouldn't want to use it as replacement for my spring-loaded Misson "Wah" pedal, but for other duties (tremolo speed, shimmer on/off, etc. etc.) they are fine.

So I now have 3 expr.pedals on a Pedaltrain 2, that's a lot of control.

Hey there Mr. Van Dude - check out these bad boys... notice the funky custom glow labels I made for my EXT-50s! Nothing I'm selling, but will sort you out a couple when you're ready :)

Photo16-06-2014112511_zps6f0eb812.jpg

I think you've hit upon the perfect combination of features and minimalism here! When can I order a set? My old Kicktags are starting to show their age!

Thanks matey - hope u r keeping well! I just need a little time to get the store updated, but it has to happen in-between a lot of other stuff at the moment... had 2 nieces getting married over the past 3 weeks on the other side of the country and a bunch of business trips for my 'real' job... time has been tight, but it should be any day now. All the hard work is done!

Sukh

Working on the site updates in-between travel this week (for the day job). I'll update here as soon as it's up, but thanks so much for the interest :)

Sukh

Back
Top Bottom