Kemper price and availability

MaxTwang

Experienced
Just heard from Sweetwater that the first shipment of Kempers is expected on Aug. 30 or 31st. But the price has jumped from $1,500 to $1,850!!! I felt the $1,500 price was reasonable when compared to the Axe which had the reputation to command a higher price, but $1,850 for an unknown?

Either they've become more confident in their product, or they're pricing them out of the market.

My Sweetwater rep also said $1850, and that's MAP, but gave no estimated ship date. He also said this product is being treated the same as an Apple product as in nobody will be selling them any cheaper.

I didn't catch what speaker they where going through. Would like to see it through a 4x12 or guitar cab of some kind.

I think the idea is really cool. And to be honest I have worked with many German Engineers in my time and for the most part they are very few dumb ones.

Looks more like something made by Fluke or TekTronix then anything for guitar though.

Think I'll stick with my Axe FX II and Standard though.

Just heard from Sweetwater that the first shipment of Kempers is expected on Aug. 30 or 31st. But the price has jumped from $1,500 to $1,850!!! I felt the $1,500 price was reasonable when compared to the Axe which had the reputation to command a higher price, but $1,850 for an unknown?

Either they've become more confident in their product, or they're pricing them out of the market.

Today, 1450 € is like 2087 $ :

XE: (EUR/USD) Euro to US Dollar Rate

The Axe II price is 2199 $ and 2299 € in Europe, or 2199 $ is 1527 € !

http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert/?language=fr&Amount=2199&From=USD&To=EUR

Last edited:
Looks hideous IMO and looks hideous + no rackmount = no deal. And I'm skeptical. And I have Axe FX all up in my headspace, no room for anything else :D

No rackmount, no footpedal format, not even a handle. I'd have a hard time buying even the Axe-FX in such a chassis. The unit may be great, but the form factor IMO falls into the 'wtf were they thinking' category.

actually I think it comes with a battery pack and is worn on one's strap just below say a wireless, then easy to dial in sounds just reach around, no pun intended. joking aside I still dont quite get the concept, ok say even if perfect replication of amps in every way, will it come with those amps as preset and have free updates ? otherwise one would have to have access to all the amps to model them. My access would be the overwhelming selection of high end boutique monsters at say best buy and perhaps walmart!

I've read somewhere that there will be lots of free updates (like Virus synth). And users can freely share their profiles. However I like the concept of the Axe better, and hope it won't be something that sounds and FEELS significantly better :) Otherwise my account is in serious danger. :)

Since we're talking format, I wonder how big that cavity is in the back. If I could fit my IEM and small Rolls monitor mixer in there all I would need is a nice padded case and I'd actually prefer it to a rack.

Back
Top Bottom