Just ordered a Mimiq Doubler

Megadebt

Experienced
I've been wanting to try this out.

I will connect the doubler to input 3L/R, then on the axe edit I will place input 3 at the beginning, the input 3 goes to two separate chains, those two chains go to output 1

I think this will work - find out soon enough!

Alternate ways of connecting the mimiq to the axe fx III are welcome, in detail please - because I'm a cave man and liable to just hit it with my club like bam bam lol

Why two chains from Input 3 block? Each block is already stereo.

I don't know what I'm doing?

I found this:

use the mimiq with the Axe 3 in the fx loop- set it up with the #3 output going into the pedal in stereo, so you have both the L and R #3 outputs going into the Mimiq. Then the two outputs of the Mimiq back into the #3 inputs of the Axe Fx. This takes four patch cables total.
In your patch, set up the Output 3 block and Input 3 block where you want the Mimiq to be doing it’s thing. I’ve tried between the amp and cab, and also post cab, and both have worked well. I currently have it set post cab. I have not tried it before the amp. You can set up the Output / Input 3 blocks in serial, or as a parallel line- it will effect how you much dry you want the Mimiq to send through. If you run the Mimiq in parallel, you’ll probably want to run the pedal with no dry signal, because the dry unaffected tone is already making it through. You’ll have to experiment with pedal settings that you like- it’s a matter of taste. I’m not in front of my rig right now, but I’ll check mine and report back when I can. One last important thing- don’t forget to turn the Output 3 volume on the front of the Axe all the way up!

I want to use this patch with the mimiq for a doubler effect:

mim1.jpg

Attachments

• GS 5153.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 1
I dug through my stuff and found four Mogami Platinum 3 foot patch cables. So I guess I'll try it as described in post # 5

Like this:

mim2.jpg

Hi @Cave Man !
You need to have the Out3 block first, then the In3 block after that- you're sending the signal out to the Mimiq, then back in to the rest of the Axe chain. Make sure you have it set for stereo output on I/O 3. Most of us have landed on the single dub setting. Have fun!

The placement of the Out3/In3 blocks before or after reverb is just a matter of taste. I run my before time based effects, but I also run all my time based effects in parallel with 100% mixes. The key is to make sure that it's not placed before something that sums to mono, like the amp block.

Last edited:
It arrived today and I have it all connected. I'm going to have a sit down tonight after my sister leaves. I will try it out on Mark Days Recto Cygnus patch and the ratt patch I posted earlier in this thread. I plan on making a before and after riff recording soon. I 'll post it in this thread.

I hope this is as fun as I think it will be...

It arrived today and I have it all connected. I'm going to have a sit down tonight after my sister leaves. I will try it out on Mark Days Recto Cygnus patch and the ratt patch I posted earlier in this thread. I plan on making a before and after riff recording soon. I 'll post it in this thread.

I hope this is as fun as I think it will be...

What did you think?? :)

What is the benefit of using the mimiq with the axe fx? doesn't the enhancer stereo perform a similar function? or having 2 lines of amps? if anyone can shed some light here I appreciate it!

And if it's not too much to ask, something to hear the difference would be great!

doesn't the enhancer stereo perform a similar function?
The Mimiq emulates the sound of a doubled guitar, generating a second "take" that has slightly different dynamics and timing from the first. The enhancer (modern mode) applies filters to make the left and right channels sound different and produces a stereo effect, but it isn't intended to sound like a doubled guitar. Same goes for stereo pitch and chorus effects: they produce a stereo sound, but are not intended to sound like a doubled guitar. The Mimiq isn't perfect, but it's the best effect of its type available.

Does anyone notice any 'tone suck' connecting the pedal to your axe? I had the pedal once for a while and maybe my memory is faulty but it did sound like it impacted my overall tone. I could be wrong /perhaps it was the way I had it set up but this thread has me curious again...

Back
Top Bottom