Just my luck.......$2500 and I can't buy an AXE-FX II!

mrdavek

Not trying to complain...but I just got a $2500 award from work that I can use anywhere that accepts American Express.

I was planning on using it to purchase an AXE-FX II. But the store doesn't accept American Express!!!

Any creative ideas on how to purchase it when available???

Thanks

MRDAVEK

Why don't you buy something or several items from Guitar Center for USD2,500. You keep everything in a box with the receipt, then you return it once the fractal is available and use the money to purchase the Axe Fx.

I think they would refund it back to the card. The problem is that FAS doesn't accept AE cards on their shopping cart.

Use the American Express to purchase a prepaid card from Mastercard. You put whatever amount you want on the Mastercard, and it functions like a MC debit card which I think will work at the Fractal store.

Similar thing happened to me. I used the card to pay for anything and everything groceries, car, mortgage payment, etc. Then saved the cash. It adds up quickly just use it for every purchase that you normally make.

Or buy a $2500 MacBook pro and sell it at cost.

Use the American Express to purchase a prepaid card from Mastercard. You put whatever amount you want on the Mastercard, and it functions like a MC debit card which I think will work at the Fractal store.

Second this. Definitely the best option.

bertbacharat : Tough to do that when you are flying equipment in under the "Spouse Radar"..but great suggestion nonetheless

I'm sure you can find someone who would pay $2400 for a $2500 card. Sure it will cost you $100, but it was free money anyway, right?

Just use it to buy groceries and gas, and pay rent and bills and stuff for a couple of months until you've saved the $2500.

It seems if I try to save for something the universe re-aligns itself with my wallet and opens up a portal to a black hole.. LOL!! I'm on my 3rd time of putting $$ together for the AxeII and something has happend each time to take part of it. but its so close to the release I'm going to sit tight this time even thou the dumb car I have plastic radiator cracked :( . always something I guess

And once you have the money in hand you'll have it burning a hole in your pocket. Or in my case my paypal account, where there's a will there's a way, everyone complains about paypal not working in the fractal store but all you need is a paypal debit card, all that to say you could just add the funds to a paypal account through gift, buy only if you have a paypal debit card.

It seems if I try to save for something the universe re-aligns itself with my wallet and opens up a portal to a black hole.. LOL!! I'm on my 3rd time of putting $$ together for the AxeII and something has happend each time to take part of it. but its so close to the release I'm going to sit tight this time even thou the dumb car I have plastic radiator cracked :( . always something I guess

I understand what you're saying, but if that's true and the above scenario wouldn't work for you, then you genuinely can't afford a $2200 guitar effects processor.

but its so close to the release I'm going to sit tight this time even thou the dumb car I have plastic radiator cracked :( . always something I guess
Duct Tape ?? <meh> that won't work with the water... Try gorilla glue. Had same issue with a vehicle I no longer own, where I put that along the seam of the crack, let it dry then smoothed it down. Worked like a charm! Cheap solution too -- under $4.00

Back
Top Bottom