Just how brilliant is the TM block? This brilliant.

i think it's a memory only thing. I was playing with it last night, and was able to capture the reference tone, then mine, match. go change the amp to something else, recapture my playing and then match again. You dont have to recapture the source which is cool... but i dont think it saves.

The last reference captured is saved in memory and will persist until a new reference is captured or you power down.

The last reference captured is saved in memory and will persist until a new reference is captured or you power down.

Ahem. My apologies. I thought this was a bug and actually found that it was EXACTLY what was happening. Is it not possible to save just the reference? We can always resample the local data, but for amp matching and stuff, the reference data is, IMO, MORE important than the matched wave. That way, I can just strum a few chords, or play something close to the original, and get the matched EQ with different amps etc. than what the original creator intended so as to nail distortion, stomp & guitar/pickup characteristics. I'm not sure if I'm making much sense, but I'm sure you'll get what I mean :)

Pretty please?

Wait, so if I did all the matching etc. on my Axe-FX and exported the resulting preset with Amp/Cab/FX/TMA, and another Axe-FX II user imported it into their unit and played - would they hear the same thing I as I did on mine?

Assuming of course I used factory standard amp/cab etc. - I would have thought the the 'shaping' the TMA block does will be preserved, thus the resulting tones would be the same??

Wait, so if I did all the matching etc. on my Axe-FX and exported the resulting preset with Amp/Cab/FX/TMA, and another Axe-FX II user imported it into their unit and played - would they hear the same thing I as I did on mine?

Assuming of course I used factory standard amp/cab etc. - I would have thought the the 'shaping' the TMA block does will be preserved, thus the resulting tones would be the same??

The match data is saved with the preset. The REFERENCE and USER captures are not. IOW, you can share presets.

Yes the TMA stuff will be saved and it will sound just like your preset, but the differences between guitars and pickups and stuff are probably what is being brought into question here. One guy uses single coils, another uses EMG's or something the presets would sound different. If the original reference was saved in there than you could just recalibrate it to your gear. Neat idea, not how it works. I think that we'll all survive. :mrgreen

The match data is saved with the preset. The REFERENCE and USER captures are not. IOW, you can share presets.

Excellent! That's what I assumed. I notice that my tone matched preset I made available to share has had over 100 downloads now, and so far only one person has reported an issue with not getting any sound, and that was because he hadn't upgraded to FW6.0 yet (No TMA block in previous versions). I'm glad there just not another 99 people getting angry with me... ;)

One guy uses single coils, another uses EMG's or something the presets would sound different.

isn't this generally what we have now with ordinary presets?
or what we had with the custom IR's and RW blends in the ultra days?

Back
Top Bottom