Just got my Axe FX II XL+ and it ain't good

Try the rear input. If the noise goes away there is a problem with the front input. Either the front input board is bad or the cable from the board to the main board.

Works as in no noise from the rear inputs?
Yes.Fractal is sending me a new input board for the front.They told me it was a simple install so I will video myself doing the install and add that to my previous video so if anyone else has the same problem they can know how to fix it themselves.I am up and running via the rear input and gonna be tweakin amps all day long.

Glad you've got it figured out. Now you're going to have a blast trying out the infinite possibilities that this magical black box has to offer. It's a life changer for me and I hope you have a blast!

Yes.Fractal is sending me a new input board for the front.They told me it was a simple install so I will video myself doing the install and add that to my previous video so if anyone else has the same problem they can know how to fix it themselves.I am up and running via the rear input and gonna be tweakin amps all day long.
i only used the rear inputs ever, so you aren't missing anything as far as creating your presets. won't need to adjust anything when you get the front working.

K2347,
Sad to hear about the rough start...bound to happen with gear but trust you'll find the Axe FX worth any hassles getting up to altitude. ;-)

Dear Ken, welcome to the forum, my nose tells me that you are going to be a valuable user, I hope you have your front input fixed soon, keep rocking!

Here's a weird piece of information:
I've used two pc's in my room lately.
When I use my main pc, there is no noise, works as expected, but when I used another pc, that I borrowed from my mom, there was an unbearable noise with the Axe.
Maybe you have a similar problem?

Note, the noise remains whether the USB is connected or not. It's a power outlet thing.

An essential tool for every home:

power-gear-voltage-tester-50542-64_1000.jpg

Here's a weird piece of information:
I've used two pc's in my room lately.
When I use my main pc, there is no noise, works as expected, but when I used another pc, that I borrowed from my mom, there was an unbearable noise with the Axe.
Maybe you have a similar problem?

Note, the noise remains whether the USB is connected or not. It's a power outlet thing.
I plug my ISP Theta Pro and Pod X3 into the same outlet with no issues at all.

Back
Top Bottom