Just Finished Matchbox 20's AxeFx2 Rig pics

I've never had any luck with those things sticking for any length of time. Especially with some tension or weight. But I noticed in these pics (or was it another rig pic) that they had secured the anchors (squares) with screws. Or at least that's how it looked.

Gotta love a neatly wired rig!

Cable tie stays are screwed to the board :)

Hi Mark - I notice you used the FV-500L model pedals and not the FV-500H - what was the reasoning there? (I'm always a bit confused by the whole L/H thing with the Boss FV pedals though I have 2 H models and they work fine for me as a direct Axe II pedal and through my POD HD used as midi controller).

Hi Mark - I notice you used the FV-500L model pedals and not the FV-500H - what was the reasoning there? (I'm always a bit confused by the whole L/H thing with the Boss FV pedals though I have 2 H models and they work fine for me as a direct Axe II pedal and through my POD HD used as midi controller).

The Fv-500L is used in the setup Mark displayed, which is when you do not plan to plug your guitar direct into the pedal, but plan on controlling the Axe Fx with the Pedal, then you use the L or Low impedance. If you were going to plug the guitar straight in to the pedal to control volume you would purchase the High impedance version.

The Fv-500L is used in the setup Mark displayed, which is when you do not plan to plug your guitar direct into the pedal, but plan on controlling the Axe Fx with the Pedal, then you use the L or Low impedance. If you were going to plug the guitar straight in to the pedal to control volume you would purchase the High impedance version.

My understanding (I don't have either) is that the L vs H distinction only matters when using it as a volume pedal. As an expression pedal, they both behave the same (they have a concentric linear pot that's totally separate from the volume pot). It may be as simple as having them on hand or getting a good price. As far as I know, there's no difference in this application.

My understanding (I don't have either) is that the L vs H distinction only matters when using it as a volume pedal. As an expression pedal, they both behave the same (they have a concentric linear pot that's totally separate from the volume pot). It may be as simple as having them on hand or getting a good price. As far as I know, there's no difference in this application.

That's what I guessed since both models have the "EXP" jack which I expect has the same behaviour for both.

brillant looking setup.

Mark,
How are the MFC and expression pedals secured to the pedalboard? I am actually just about to order a Dragoncase pedalboard thanks to this post and would like to have everything squared away.

Matchbox twenty was on the today show this morning, so Imagine that they were using it, it sounded really good of course.

No, the L is used for low impedance sources, ie a keyboard, after a buffer or a buffered pedal in an amp loop etc. Both L and H can be used as expression pedals.

Matchbox Twenty the Today Show 9/3/2012

Matchbox twenty was on the today show this morning, so Imagine that they were using it, it sounded really good of course.

I saw them this morning on the today show as well and noticed there were no amplifiers on the stage and 2 of the guitarists (paul doucette and not sure who the other guy is) were using MFC-101 based pedal boards. Kyle was using what looked like a ground control pro. I can only assume they were all running to an Axe Fx units somewhere off the stage. Sounded great.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom