Just a stray thought...............

shredi knight

Power User
Isn't this the third version of the Axe FX? :?

The name doesn't really make sense unless there's an Ultra II coming out (and God knows there should be with the obvious limitations and lack of power this thing has :D)

Last edited:
The name really only makes sense if there is an Ultra II coming out (which would be insane considering how powerful the Axe II is already).

That is what they also said about the axe standard about how powerful it was....until the Ultra came along!

I am guessing there may be an ultra II in the future.

the processor between standard and ultra is different. But what would cliff need to do to launch a II ultra? a third processor? that would be crazy :|.... Maybe more DRAM :S or something

Last edited:
The Ultra is an upgraded Standard and has extra firmware taking advantage of a more powerful processor, but they have a lot in common and most firmware upgrades were provided for both models. The Axe II on the other hand has a different architecture and the algorithms have been rewritten from the ground up setting it firmly apart from it's predecessors. Definitely 2nd generation.
After the Axe FX II I guess the Axe FX II Ultra will come some time after the arrival of the next new faster more powerful TigerSHARC processor TigerSHARC processor roadmap. But who knows.

Last edited:
shredi knight said:
The name really only makes sense if there is an Ultra II coming out (which would be insane considering how powerful the Axe II is already).

That is what they also said about the axe standard about how powerful it was....until the Ultra came along!

I am guessing there may be an ultra II in the future.

Damn it, don't quote my post while its being edited for a more smart-ass tone. :razz

Last edited:
The Ultra is an upgraded Standard and has extra firmware taking advantage of a more powerful processor, but they have a lot in common and most firmware upgrades were provided for both models. The Axe II on the other hand has a different architecture and the algorithms have been rewritten from the ground up setting it firmly apart from it's predecessors. Definitely 2nd generation.
After the Axe FX II I guess the Axe FX II Ultra will come some time after the arrival of the next new faster more powerful TigerSHARC processor TigerSHARC processor roadmap. But who knows.

Sometime ago there was some talk about the TigerSHARC not being developed anymore

I have a question on all of this.... Are some of the extra goodies we get in the Ultra over the standard (like synths) in the AFII?

Or is all that extra ultra stuff coming with the next generation?

Back
Top Bottom