Joe Bonamassa Live at Beacon Theater

I have the Blu Ray, Joe is phenomenal. We're going to see him for the fourth time in October. Can't wait for the new Black Country Communion as well.

joebonamassasguitars.jpg

Yup - Got the DVD. Big Bonamassa fan here...

If you like 'Beacon Theatre', then definitely go out and get the 'Royal Albert Hall' DVD - It was my first introduction to the man...

My son and I got to meet him backstage before one of his shows here in Oz last year...

Nicest dude around. LOVES talking about gear. Showed us his '59 Burst and other guitars/pedals etc. and signed my JB Les Paul Gold Top (which he is holding in the pic).

Now, if only we can talk him into an Axe-FX instead of carting those SIX amp heads and 2 4x12 cabs around... After all, he uses Palmer speaker simulators to route his signal to the FOH system, so he is nearly there... :D

Last edited:
Yeah, it's a phenomenal show and Joe is a real guitar nerd which makes him even cooler to me.

Not that you asked, but I prefer the RAH for the set list/performance, but the Beacon is better a/v quality and it's cool to see Paul Rodgers as well.

If you have never seen Joe Bonamassa live in person....buy a ticket ASAP! He is the best guitarist and entertainer I have EVER SEEN. I've seen him twice too. Seriously it was the best thing ever.....I can not put to words how amazingly talented he is from entertaining, solo's, songs, acoustics, and singing with heart and emotion. His tone is the best in the business IMO too......

Just caught the end of it on WTTW during a pledge drive. I didnt think I'd buy another one after RAH(still watch it sometimes), but since he was playing the EBMM darklord right when I tuned it-I guess I need it to now...

GAS anyone?...

And this was only a PART of his collection (in the US)... He had nearly the same number of guitars stored over in Europe.

Joe has said that he has since sold over 100 guitars in these collections so that he could fund his THREE '59 LP Bursts... I guess you could call that Extreme High Level GAS... :)

Theres something about Bonamassa that just strikes me the wrong way, I've never been a fan of him. Maybe it was from him wearing Ed Hardy shirts in his video for Who Killed John Henry. He's a great player, but I agree with the poster up above wondering how much he listens to Eric Johnson lol

And this was only a PART of his collection (in the US)... He had nearly the same number of guitars stored over in Europe.

Joe has said that he has since sold over 100 guitars in these collections so that he could fund his THREE '59 LP Bursts... I guess you could call that Extreme High Level GAS... :)

... and we think we get bad GAS. These days I'm just struggling to keep things. Turning my GAS valve off is tough to do. :D

Just do yourself a favor and see him live...you will get it I promise!

Theres something about Bonamassa that just strikes me the wrong way, I've never been a fan of him. Maybe it was from him wearing Ed Hardy shirts in his video for Who Killed John Henry. He's a great player, but I agree with the poster up above wondering how much he listens to Eric Johnson lol

Back
Top Bottom