Jeff Beck Live at the Hollywood Bowl just released!

Hmmm..hope you get the full set you want...I have a feeling it will be shorter than we would wish for , with two other headliners..(ann Wilson and paul Rodgers..) ..but optimistic that he will get the lions share of time...I will know on Sunday.....

The show here is just Mr. Beck. No Wilson or Rodgers. :)

As I feared, the Jeff Beck portion of last nights generally excellent show with Ann Wilson (with a crack band with a killer guitarist, moving past her LedZep obsession into Who, eagles and Other icons) and a fully-voiced Paul Rodgers (with a much looser and sorta wanky band), was far too short, considering the impeccable quality of the mix and performances...the stunning blonde cellist added a very interesting texture that allowed becks amazing.y clear and Powerful tones to really project. Rhonda was the best I have seen her with this outfit and did a popping , intense solo that Stanley Clarke woulda admired, and IMO no one augments and challenges Jeff’s playing like Vinnie Coliuta ,who looks bitchen with new longer and darker hair ....but I really needed to hear more.

Last edited:
D4BD6068-1D99-49DE-AEBF-6186C2C22924.jpeg D596ED44-76E7-4D09-99F1-A6F3C12B6C94.jpeg 1496783826-huntington-beach-pavilion-tickets.jpg BTW, this is the same venue that I enjoyed @York Audio and his little Paramore group earlier this season...Huntington Pavilion at Northerly Island , a lovely place nestled between Lake Michigan and
Adler Planetarium and McCormack Place downtown ..notoriously and previously MEIGS FIELD, a city-owned commercial/private airport that was bulldozed and disappeared overnight by Mayor Richard Daley (Jr) in a unannounced move that surprised more than one pilot...and developed into a nature area and this venue.......

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom