Jazzmaster owners?

Budda

Axe-Master
Who else has a jazzmaster around these parts? I'm on my 3rd in a year, after selling the last one to help fund my Huber K2. I guess technically I'm on my fourth, as I have a Squier VM baritone in black as well! Both my current one and last are partscaster builds by Capsule Music in Toronto (Allparts neck and MJT body with relic work, Pickup Wizard pickups, vintage specs). I'm a fan of the fender professional jazzmasters as well (my introduction to the model) and would love another for the truss rod at the proper place. I prefer a thicker C neck versus the usual 60's spec as found on classic players and a lot of boutique or CS builds. I can do without a rhythm circuit but understand why some want it. My favourite sound is both pickups with a healthy dose of reverb. I didn't know I needed that chime in my life until I had it!

Let's see yours (and why you chose them)!

PXL_20210604_234010662.jpg

PXL_20210604_234030852.jpg

I have a '59. The pickguard is a repro, and it's refinished and refretted. I put a Mastery bridge and trem on it, but I still have the originals. Pickups and electronics are all original. It covers a lot of ground - you can get Tele and Strat-ish sounds out of it, Gibson-y sounds, it's just a great all-purpose guitar. Super flexible. It's also extremely playable. The back of the neck has no finish left at all - it's just worn perfectly smooth from decades of playing.

KlnZC1c[1].jpg

Last edited:
I've despised the look of Jazzmasters for nearly the entirety of my guitar playing years, but something happened in the last year and I suddenly found them rather appealing. Once I got turned onto wanting some P90's, I think that was it.

Man, @javajunkie, that color is ridiculous!!! I'd love to have one in a Silverburst color....but I want everything in Silverburst. There was an antigua one I believe that was pretty slick as well.

I've despised the look of Jazzmasters for nearly the entirety of my guitar playing years, but something happened in the last year and I suddenly found them rather appealing. Once I got turned onto wanting some P90's, I think that was it.

Man, @javajunkie, that color is ridiculous!!! I'd love to have one in a Silverburst color....but I want everything in Silverburst. There was an antigua one I believe that was pretty slick as well.

Good news! The new american pro ii comes in silverburst. Godspeed.

Ordered Novo Serus J Custom earlier this year. ETA was 8-10 month. Hope this will be the killer Jaguar/Jazzmaster to try.

Well looks like I'll have a "partscaster" JM coming in at some point, bringing me up to 3. 3 prs, 3 JM's, I like it!

Reactions: ESW

The Noventa series one with 3 P90s is kinda drool-inspiring. I wish it came in Burgundy Mist....

tho this , while not really Jazzmaster, is my fave offset….got this right as the small builder, Nystrum, folded, the original buyer did a sweet job…
https://reverb.com/item/11225309-ny...are&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=11225309

Honestly surprised it doesn't have binding.

I just saw a listing today for a CBS Strat headstock bound+block neck for $375CAD. Can't swing it now, but that's 1/3 the price of a warmoth or musikraft neck (I love the B&B look).

Back
Top Bottom