Jazzmaster owners?

There's a Reverend that's semi-similar.

Is that the Warhawk 390?? I have been craving one of those for more than 10 years now.
Being in Michigan (reverend began in Detroit) a lot oof our local Mom and Pop shops
stocked Reverend guitars, and before I knew anything about them I played a 390 at a
shop. Loved that guitar. Just felt like I couldn't swing it financially at the time, and probably
could have in a pinch. Damn regerts!!! ;)

Is that the Warhawk 390?? I have been craving one of those for more than 10 years now.
Being in Michigan (reverend began in Detroit) a lot oof our local Mom and Pop shops
stocked Reverend guitars, and before I knew anything about them I played a 390 at a
shop. Loved that guitar. Just felt like I couldn't swing it financially at the time, and probably
could have in a pinch. Damn regerts!!! ;)
Jetstream 390 is the one I've seen. Would not kick it out of bed personally...

I've been tempted to get a Suhr or Anderson JM-style guitar...

No experience but the body shape is appealing. How stable/usable are the JM tremolos?

Put on a Staytrem or Mastery (or one of the Marr/American Professional-style improved Mustang bridges) and they're extremely stable (in my experience) with 10s.

Tune-o-Matic bridges are the devil with an offset vibrato - it feels like you're grinding the string over the saddles to use it. Avoid anything that combines the two IMO.

I have a '65 Thin Skin Jazzmaster and an American Original Jaguar - lately I've started to favor the latter (the 24" scale is so much fun to play) but I love them both. If I was going to do an upgrade to either (both have Staytrems) it would be a Descendant vibrato from Swope.

Put on a Staytrem or Mastery (or one of the Marr/American Professional-style improved Mustang bridges) and they're extremely stable (in my experience) with 10s.

Tune-o-Matic bridges are the devil with an offset vibrato - it feels like you're grinding the string over the saddles to use it. Avoid anything that combines the two IMO.

I have a '65 Thin Skin Jazzmaster and an American Original Jaguar - lately I've started to favor the latter (the 24" scale is so much fun to play) but I love them both. If I was going to do an upgrade to either (both have Staytrems) it would be a Descendant vibrato from Swope.
Threadjack:
I have a Gretsch with Bigsby and Tune-O-Matic (TOM) bridge. Is there a good replacement for the TOM?

I've been tempted to get a Suhr or Anderson JM-style guitar...

No experience but the body shape is appealing. How stable/usable are the JM tremolos?

I dont use the trem and may get the hardtail baseplate to replace it. Suhr JM trems are strat style, ymmv.

Well... They're 2-point Gotoh 510 bridges which are pretty good. ;)

Great trem, looks weird on a JM lol.

There was a suhr JM string-through reasonably priced near me a while back, but they use the 60's C profile and I'm a fan of the thicker C fender Am pro's use.

@Jan Geerts great work! A friend of mine really likes the change they did with the rhythm circuit (Am Pro didn't have one, which I liked). I love the necks on these!

So fender is discontinuing the american original line, considering finding one in ocean turquoise...

Back
Top Bottom