Jazz 120 level/modeling issue?

sebastos08

Experienced
hi all
it's been quite a while since I had not tried the "jazz120".
it seems that there is a big difference in level with the other amp.
I even suspect a possible bug of its modeling.
i'm on fw9
did you notice the same thing on your side?

IIRC that amp model has always been less "loud" but not sure why. On my presets the level is set in the range of +10 to +20 dB.

Turn up the Level knob. That's why it's there.
just fyi, if we only use the authentic page (similar to the real amp), there no MV on this amp and if i'm right, it's the input drive which replaces the real volume knob.
i need to put the amp level to +20db to reach 0db in the out block...!.?

now if we got to the ideal page, the MV is set to 3 by default.
my comment is right here just to know how this amp is really modeled to match with the real amp and also for community sharing.
maybe the default ideal MV set 3 if not set to the good value?
thanks in advance

I use it for pedal steel guitar, set gain clean at 9 oclock crank MV
All cuts in the Amp tone controls.
Level is set to 12 db!!! 3 band Amp controls set near 9 oclock.
Saturation drive is turned down 1.906

I use a second CUSTOM dirty channel of the jAZZ 120 -
Amp Bass 1 oclock
Amp Mid 11 Oclock
Amp Treb 930 oclock
Amp Boost ON
Amp Bright ON
Amp Fat ON
Amp Bright Rolled OFF -12dB
Saturation Drive at 4
PARAEQ single band boost 770hz 4.5 dB and the Q is 0.350
plus there's a tubescreamer no gain and level at 11 oclock. Tone to taste. Sounds like a marshall.
Level is set to -10.9 dB because we put all those mids in! These sounds balance in a live mix.

I need to replicate putting a volume pedal in a loop and after the preamp, because it controls gain, but that amp works live in concert against my electric guitars! it's on INPUT 2.

Keep in mind, that this is only solid state amp on the Axe Fx I believe. That's why I use it because my favorite amp for steel guitar is Peavey Nashville 400 and the black widow 15" speaker with the active volume pedal in a loop between the amp and speaker. When my volume pedal is up on the Jazz 120, it sounds almost like my Peavey. I have to play direct through IEM's, so I have over time dialed in this amp. It's clean and sensitive to your touch and input source, but doesn't offer any tubiness LOL

yes MV defaults to 3 when amp is reset, but when you doubleclick on MV, it then defaults to 5. seems weird.
I don't think double-click necessarily takes you to the default value for everything, as I've noticed similar behavior with that for many settings.

I don't think double-click necessarily takes you to the default value for everything, as I've noticed similar behavior with that for many settings.
you're right I thunk...
unless Cliff says otherwise, I think we gotta assume that the Mv should be reset at 10 and this may indeed be a programming error...certainly sounds better and more in line that way.

Last edited:
Double clicking defaults the parameter to its absolute default value, not depending on the amp type I think
Been wondering about this (total newb).

Is there some other way to return a knob to its default value for that amp?
Is there a way to return a knob to the value saved in the current preset?

Note that I'm not talking about reverting the whole preset or scene or channel, just single parameters.

Is there some other way to return a knob to its default value for that amp?
Is there a way to return a knob to the value saved in the current preset?
Note that I'm not talking about reverting the whole preset or scene or channel, just single parameters.

No and no.

Back
Top Bottom