Ive tried to order axe-fx ultra for 3days...

FreaqyFrequency said:
rickboot said:
When I was a kid we had to walk 5 miles in the snow and wait 4 months for an Ultra. And some kids paid MORE for a used one just to get it sooner.

Uphill both ways? :mrgreen:

And congrats, Virgil. Know you've been waiting a little while now.

Back when I was a kid, we got a stick for Christmas, and by golly we had FUN with that stick, now I'll have an "Ultra" "Stick" by Wednesday!
I DO feel for any of you waiting for another 2 weeks - so I will try my best to keep you all posted as to what I think of this unit when it shows up. I was told to remind my wife to check on me every 12 hours or so to make sure I have some food and water in me. I told her and she's getting prepared herself.

Grats, Virgil. I have been waiting, too. I am kicking myself a little now, because last week I thought they had a fair amount in, as I had actually added 3 to my cart at one time without error. So I decided to wait until I got home from work to buy it, and they were sold out already! I haven't seen any in stock since then, despite checking on it several times a day. Keep us posted on your first impressions of your new Axe :)

I bought mine a little over a year ago and didnt have any problems but i do recall prior to that i remember reading about people waiting months. Sorry for your luck guys.

I asked to be placed on the list 8/9 and got a response that some were due in the next day or two. I didn't managed to snatch one of those, and apparently did not get my name on "the list."

Here's an idea: you guys on the east coast sleep in for a couple of weeks until I can get an order through. Deal? ;)

VirgilGuitar said:
BOOM!
I ordered an Ultra this morning - I seemed to get everything correct and I am having it shipped 2 day express!

I got one as well. Although i was not smart enough to ask for 2 day shipping and now my delivery date is Sept. 7th. :(

It's kind of lame IMO that we had to play the "add to cart" game rather than have an orderly waitlist approach.

littlebigfis said:
VirgilGuitar said:
BOOM!
I ordered an Ultra this morning - I seemed to get everything correct and I am having it shipped 2 day express!

I got one as well. Although i was not smart enough to ask for 2 day shipping and now my delivery date is Sept. 7th. :(

It's kind of lame IMO that we had to play the "add to cart" game rather than have an orderly waitlist approach.

I agree; it seemed a bit haphazard with the availability of these, one minute I was told that I would get an email when they come in, the next week, I actually visited the store and saw they were in stock, but i was waiting on the tax refund still, yet I did not get the email that I was promised, then I did get the money, then was told (Friday, 3 days ago) that it would be a "Week or 2 before they would have any in" Then talking to the Cali distributor, he said that they OR Fractal would not have any units ready to go till mid-September, but because of my "Ultra Obsessive" behavior, I kept checking the online store just for shitzandgiggles this morning, it showed that it was in stock. It took all of about 15 seconds for me to fill out the order. If I'm spending 2k on an item that I have been waiting to get for 2 months, then I ALWAYS select 2 day shipping according to my computations. I have guitar students as well as fellow guitarists here in FL who are eager to hear what this thing can do. (Almost as excited as I am!) :shock:

I guess if they started making these in China there would be plenty to go around... :twisted: But I suppose the limited availability on these units just adds to their desirability for some. "Why aren't more pro's using them," they say? Well, that's easy, Jimmy. They're on the list. I am amused by my own situation, though: ordered my racks, pwr amp, conditioner, midi pedal and USB-Midi interface... then the Fractal, only to find them out of stock. It's like having one of those dreams where you're trying to scream and no sound comes out...

Hooligan said:
I guess if they started making these in China there would be plenty to go around... :twisted: But I suppose the limited availability on these units just adds to their desirability for some. "Why aren't more pro's using them," they say? Well, that's easy, Jimmy. They're on the list. I am amused by my own situation, though: ordered my racks, pwr amp, conditioner, midi pedal and USB-Midi interface... then the Fractal, only to find them out of stock. It's like having one of those dreams where you're trying to scream and no sound comes out...

This sounds all to familiar to me - I got my rack, power conditioner, cables etc. on Friday. Cleaned my studio all weekend and I'm all ready for the arrival of our newborn on Wednesday.

Hooligan said:
I guess if they started making these in China there would be plenty to go around... :twisted: ...

Great point, I'm glad they are doing what they can reasonably do and nothing more. by all accounts a very high quality product by everything I've read.

I'm very excited like most on this thread, but as an early intermediate type player I am also a little apprehensive. I not sure I'll be getting as much of it as the average player right off the bat. On the flip side, I'm sure I won't get bored for a long time!

In regards to a list: I recieved an email from Danielle on Friday, August 27 to this effect: "Will be getting more in 1-2 weeks. I'll let you know when they're available."
I have not recieved any notification yet, but I just ordered one through the Fractal website! :D Some say that patience is a virtue. Others say, "Patience is the virtue of an ass, who trots beneath his buthen, and is quiet." So if at first you don't succeed, obsess! Especially when it comes to ordering these things.
While I am excited to be receiving the Ultra soon, I caution fellow forumites not to rely on list status alone, since if there is one I just seriously cut in line. This is a small company doing the best they can, I think. But if you really want your Fractal ASAP, keep checking the sale page.

Dammit, I've been checking the sames page obsessively trying to do the same thing. But being on the west coast, all the east coast guys have a 3 hour head start on me in the mornings :(

OK guys, you can start waking up on time again. My order went through this morning--score one for the west coast... :)

In my case, it took three weeks of hitting the sale page. Keep trying!

I was able to order one yesterday. It's already shipped out and I should have it tomorrow. :)

I think the key is to check the sales link early in the morning.

Jag Panzer said:
I was able to order one yesterday. It's already shipped out and I should have it tomorrow. :)

I think the key is to check the sales link early in the morning.

Agreed! Dragged my ass out of bed early this morning, and sure enough, there was an Axe-Fx available to add to my basket. Kinda sucks that Fractal won't do a proper waiting list, but whatever. Now I'm gonna pace the house like a caged animal and drive my family crazy till my new toy is here :D

Hooligan said:
In regards to a list: I recieved an email from Danielle on Friday, August 27 to this effect: "Will be getting more in 1-2 weeks. I'll let you know when they're available."
I have not recieved any notification yet, but I just ordered one through the Fractal website! :D Some say that patience is a virtue. Others say, "Patience is the virtue of an ass, who trots beneath his buthen, and is quiet." So if at first you don't succeed, obsess! Especially when it comes to ordering these things.
While I am excited to be receiving the Ultra soon, I caution fellow forumites not to rely on list status alone, since if there is one I just seriously cut in line. This is a small company doing the best they can, I think. But if you really want your Fractal ASAP, keep checking the sale page.

This is exactly what happened to me on the SAME Friday - so Monday morning (And all weekend to be honest) I kept checking the store and I ordered mine in a matter of seconds at around 10:23 am on Monday - it should be arriving at my house any minute, but I got guitar students coming shortly, so I will have to just teach them about the AxeFX tonight :lol:

VirgilGuitar said:
Hooligan said:

This is exactly what happened to me on the SAME Friday - so Monday morning (And all weekend to be honest) I kept checking the store and I ordered mine in a matter of seconds at around 10:23 am on Monday - it should be arriving at my house any minute, but I got guitar students coming shortly, so I will have to just teach them about the AxeFX tonight :lol:

I had to do something similar... I actually had one in my cart last week, and before I could finish the transaction, someone else had bought it from under me. Today I happened to see one in stock, and I rushed through the order process. So much so that I didn't select faster shipping, and now my Ultra wont get here until the 9th :(

Back
Top Bottom