I've been ignoring this problem for a while. Please help me!

tfodor

Inspired
Hey Everyone. I've had my axe for about a month and a half and I have this reoccurring problem that I keep ignoring.

Whether I'm tracking or just jamming, whenever I'm plugged in USB I get maybe a half a second of clipping/distortion/axe freakout every few minutes.

My computer was pretty old, but I upgraded last week and the problem persists. I've messed around with the buffer, swapped USB cables, and still no change.

It only happens when I'm plugged in USB. Another red light is that if I'm recording and the weird noises happen, the noise is printed onto the track.

It also happens no matter the preset volume or type. I've upgraded to the most recent firmware as it's happened to me over the last 3 upgrades or so that we've gotten since mid August!!

Please help!!

Thanks everyone,

Travis

I get that sometimes when using USB for AxEdit when I send a bunch of big changes and really tap out my CPU. What's yours running at? Maybe that's what you're hearing, in which case, clear out some blocks.

What's the CPU utiliziation look like on your presets? Is this across all presets, or just some?

hey guys,

So I'm actually starting to think this is a more serious problem. Here's a screenshot of a really simple preset with the CPU at 50 percent!!

imgur: the simple image sharer

Let me know what you guys think. With other relatively simple presets the cpu sits at 70!!!

I've had it happen to me over a span of maybe 5 or 6 presets.

I just made one from scratch and got the same problem. It might not have been as often though, it's really hard to tell because it's so random. As for using Axe Edit, it happens with or without, but I feel like it happens more often when Axe Edit is open.

I have several computers with USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 and they all work 100% fine as long as;

1) The Axe FX II is the only thing connected to USB (wireless mouse and keyboard? Printer? external HDD? - all cause problems for me)
2) Your Axe FX II's CPU is below 89% when USB in use
3) You computers CPU is not bottlenecking or low on resource from too many background apps running

To be honest, I have many presets pushing 90% and got tired of having to come up with workarounds so I just stopped bothering with USB completely except for Axe Edit. I have been going direct (XLR outs) out into an X32 digital board and using it's USB to record into my DAW. The difference in Audio is negligible. I also tried SPDIF and didn't notice any difference so stuck with using analog out.

Damn... It still doesn't make that much sense to me. I just got my guitar cab into my new apartment, and picked up a Matrix last week. I guess it's no more studio monitors for me anyway.

I still wish I could figure out the problem, though. I've tried every suggestion here and I keep getting the same damn problem!

Thanks for the help guys. You rock!!

Damn... It still doesn't make that much sense to me. I just got my guitar cab into my new apartment, and picked up a Matrix last week. I guess it's no more studio monitors for me anyway.

I still wish I could figure out the problem, though. I've tried every suggestion here and I keep getting the same damn problem!

what OS version are you using?

The next door neighbor has an oscillating fan or blender, and it is wired to the outlet you are using. Every time it is operated, it introduces the noise. Could it be that you are in an apartment, possibly in close proximity to neighbors' devices?

I, myself, have recorded computer monitor interference with my pickups, depending on the angle I am facing in relation to the position of the monitor. Could it be that?

what OS version are you using?

I'm on 10.9.4

The next door neighbor has an oscillating fan or blender, and it is wired to the outlet you are using. Every time it is operated, it introduces the noise. Could it be that you are in an apartment, possibly in close proximity to neighbors' devices?

I, myself, have recorded computer monitor interference with my pickups, depending on the angle I am facing in relation to the position of the monitor. Could it be that?

Hmm. That's interesting. I am running a lot of stuff into one outlet, but the Axe goes into a power conditioner, which is then connected to the outlet. The interface for my monitors however, isn't. I'm going to experiment with this!! I'm backed up against my two roommates, separated by a full wall. However, they don't have anything behind the wall but computers and lights and stuff. Perhaps the light has something to do with it.

Back
Top Bottom