IV anywhere on the horizon?

You never know when Fractal will come out with something new. The FM9 was the day of with no notice. Most people think we are at the top with no more improvements. Cliff's mind never stops working and he does listen to us. What I would like to see happen is more processing powered Axe 4 on the floor, touch screen, profile abilities, adding as many instances of any effect until you run out of DSP. Same size as FM9. Wishful thinking maybe, who knows?

images

images

While I think the FM9 is an awesome unit, your witty, original comment can't hide the fact that its size stands out.
There is the FM3:
1706829618802.png

I think with just how powerful and untapped the Ax3 is as it stands theres no need for a 4 yet, especially as FAS are so far ahead of the competition theres really no need for a new unit yet.

+1

I just bought an Axe 3 and I absolutely think it is amazing.
I can use it for all my life.
If I was think about something will be block labels and another send/return (just for aesthetic). In the future, with more knowledge, maybe more independent controllers.
I have wait my entire life for this efx processor.

I just love all this talk about when a new unit from Fractal is going to come out. Most that keep asking this question are the ones that buy it and sell it after a few weeks because they still do not know how to dial it in and think a new one will have some sort of AI that will just come up with "the tone in your head" or the "unicorn amp in the room" feel!!!!

To me, with the latest round of incredible free software upgrades, who needs more? Honestly? The new upgrades make so many of the amps so simple to dial in and make amp sims that I normally wouldn't touch usable in my setting.

The secret sauce is in finding an IR or a combination of IR's that fill in all the sonic gaps and make the tone sound full/lively/responsive and work with most amp sim's or similar amp sim's.

After they model the solid states amp that we are so patiently waiting for, they can do what they want, but I don't think we are going to see that very soon.

It's certainly a test of patience for enthusiasts eagerly anticipating the solid-state amp model.

Cliff's mind never stops working...
That is the big question, IMO...

I have the feeling that most people get tired of using their brain too much somewhere between 50 and 60 -- earlier if you already have health issues. So it would depend on how huge the undertaking is for (my guess) a final generation...

Cliff has also hinted at other ideas he never gets time for, so he could stop soonish and get into those -- or just make some new variations on what we have -- esp. if no impressively better CPUs come out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom