It's official... Welcome Béla Fleck!

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
You can't imagine how excited we were a few months ago when the phone rang and it was Béla Fleck, interested setting up and learning about the Axe-Fx. We went on to work together on the phone and in shared-screen Axe-Edit sessions while he was getting ready to tour. Not only is he objectively one of the greatest musicians of our age—and a record holder among Grammy Winners—he's been a real favorite and an inspiration to many of us along the way.

The words Béla said to me today are short and simple. But when you realize who he is and where he's been and how hard he's worked... wow!

"The Axe-Fx is a really great sounding box. It has improved my electric banjo sound considerably. Béla Fleck"

artist_bela_fleck.jpg

First saw Bela in Bowling Green Kentucky before he joined New Grass Revival (early 80's maybe?)

Some of the good friends of the dudes in New Grass had a popular bar band that played really solid rock covers.

They called Bela up to play acoustic banjo on a Whole Lotta Love cover. Everyone thought it was schtick until he started playing. It was sick.

Richard

M@,

Are you experiencing any issues using Axe-Edit? Do you have any tips that you give in your consulations to stay out of trouble with it?

In the banjo world, that's like getting Jimi Hendrix to use your product. There's Bela, then there's everybody else. I first saw him with New Grass Revival in the mid 80's and several times since. Amazing player. Another huge coup for FAS. It'll be interesting to see if other banjo players follow suit, or more likely WHEN other banjo players follow suit. I'm not sure what effects have been used on banjo, but the list is likely to expand if a generation of players follow Bela with the Axe Fx.

Wow, so cool! Even though I'm a guitarist and can't play banjo at all, I have idolized Béla for many years now. He's one of my favorite musicians and biggest influences. I'm glad to see him joining us Axe-FX users!

Amazing! We were just talking about adding other instruments to the Axe users, really great to see something off the normal guitar track coming in. I'd love to hear what he's doing with it.

I guess I live in a cave because I had never heard of him until I read this thread. Called up a couple of youtube videos and I'm pretty sure my jaw bounced off my desk as I was watching. I couldn't believe what I was watching and hearing. I was stunned at the way he can play.

What another great artist find for the FAS team.

Wow, awesome.

Flight of the Cosmic Hippo is one of my favorite Jazz records (hence the username).

I use that track, Flight Of The Cosmic Hippo, as my reference for dialing in subs in my FOH system.

The musicianship and engineering on that record are through the roof.

Richard

Back
Top Bottom