It's Been Awhile, Def Leppard Cover VIDEO

Mark Day

FAS Artist-in-Residence
Fractal Audio Systems
Man I could tell some stories, but I won't. Finally settled in my new digs in California. This is actually my second place in Cali in two months...wow.
Anyway, it's been a long time since I posted a video and I didn't want anyone to think I abandoned ship lol. I have my new recording setup and decided to finally do another cover.
As usual all the guitars in the video are from the AxeFx. Single take stereo track with a rhythm overdub done for the solo parts.

Mark

Attachments

• Mark Photograph.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 312
Last edited:
We'll have to call you Cali' Mark Day now!

Great stuff - great song. Killer take on it. Got it all - killer chops, great groove (though I got a huge kick out of the top with the 'rhythmically challenged' intro), faces, and gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaain!

Nice to see you putting vids back up again!!

Hey Mark, good to see you again! Always look forward to your videos and Photograph had always been a favorite song. Phil Collen is highly under rated in my opinion. Wish you the best in your new home as well as your new job!! Don't be a stranger.

Great to see your alive and well, and welcome to Cali! Can you share this pre set please? I have been waiting to get your take on the current firmware....thanks bro!

Last edited:
Nice! Welcome back dude. People were ready to send the search party out to track you down.

Looking forward to more vids...and patches. My II spends the most amount of time on preset #370 - Mark Day's HBE.

Welcome back buddy! Glad to see you doing your vids again. Good stuff! :mrgreen

And thanks for sharing the preset! Quick question: was it done with FW 5.04?

Last edited:
Wow. Love it. Have been trying to nail that tone myself for a while. I finally feel like there's hope. Can't wait to try out that patch.

Some notes:

I see you've changed the way you do presets. Noticed that you don't use a drive block as much. A very good thing as i think it shows advancement in Firmware, and your adaptability to FAS changes.

Also, I will commend you as having an excellent talent for crafting presets. This one also screamed 'Separate Ways' to me too (so off I went.) Also, I'd been struggling a bit to find a tone off of that crazy live version of 'Dream on' that Aerosmith played at some award show YEARS ago (old folks remember that Michael Kamen (RIP) directed an orchestra, and they gave the crowd light sticks to pump forward during the 'dream on..' lyrical coda...) I dropped down the bass (as I always seem to have to do in your presets! Sounds good by itself...huge, but tends to invade too much the bass players sonic territory), took off the boost, and shazam! There it is! Articulation, POWER, without a huge amount of gain.

I look at your amp settings, and find that I need to think more 'out of the box' to get different tones. So Mark, you continue to show the way.

Thanks and very glad you're back!

Ron

Incidentally, I nailed this a bit back by using the 'Cameron' model...it got crispy and mean without too much doddling...but I like your delay settings better!

Back
Top Bottom