It works! $99 Windows 10 Tablet Running AX8-Edit

The AX8 does not have a Bluetooth receiver. I suppose it could work if you can add a receiver to the USB port on the AX8 as the Flexx has Bluetooth 4. But I don't know how well it would work since I imagine there's a good bit of information going back and forth between the devices.

Did you find any cons with this tablet in the meantime? Or is it still working great?

I am note sure how much any one of us can complain since it is only $100. If we place the right expectations I think we will all be happy

You can run Windows on iOS9 using Parallels: http://lifehacker.com/5638034/parallels-desktop-comes-to-ios

I haven't tried it so I don't know how (or if) it works - just sharing the link I found.

Also, Roland, iPUC and others have MIDI-over-Bluetooth devices.
i'm not sure if this link is real or accurate anymore.

i see there is a $60 or so version, i think 8"? i bet it'd do the same trick. i doubt they have it at my local walmart, but i do need a Windows install for a few other programs... this is really tempting.

i'm not sure if this link is real or accurate anymore.

i see there is a $60 or so version, i think 8"? i bet it'd do the same trick. i doubt they have it at my local walmart, but i do need a Windows install for a few other programs... this is really tempting.
Most stores don't have them in stock but ship to store is only like 2/3 days

"Backing up the AX8 using Fractal Bot was slow, but it did work."

I take that back. The AX8 is slow to back up on my fast Mac as well. 36 minutes. I don't think there's much difference, if any.

"Backing up the AX8 using Fractal Bot was slow, but it did work."

I take that back. The AX8 is slow to back up on my fast Mac as well. 36 minutes. I don't think there's much difference, if any.

I noticed that too! SUPER SLOW regardless of the computer!

Wouldn't this also work with axe edit and axe fx 2(not just ax8)? That is a pretty cheap way to edit axe fx sounds if it works.

Dang it! The price went up by $30! That's what happens when I wait. It's been in my cart for a week.
I got one and they gave an additional $25 off if you get a credit card. So $75 out the door was a bargain. I receive mine tomorrow. Sounds like exactly what I need for an exclusive Axe-fx mobile data/edit tool.

I got one and they gave an additional $25 off if you get a credit card. So $75 out the door was a bargain. I receive mine tomorrow. Sounds like exactly what I need for an exclusive Axe-fx mobile data/edit tool.
Also bought a 64gb micro sd card (Samsung Evo+) on sale at Best Buy for $20. 128gb on sale for $49.

I'm confused, partially because this is pretty awesome.

So, with a Windows tablet, it's possible to use Axe Edit/AX8 Edit, without the use of a mouse?

Documentation says it supports up to 64gb, but I have read reviews that says 128gb is working ok.

I guess I just misread that part about the size of the Micro SD card. I just deducted when it said you could "expand the memory up to 64GB with the microSD card slot" that it was saying you could add a 32GB card to the already available 32GB internal drive to get a total of 64GB. I did just get finished reading that people have been able to use the 128GB cards with no issues. That $50 price tag at Best Buy is almost too good to pass up though. I may head out and pick one up later this afternoon. I don't really need 128GB of extra storage, but it would be nice to be able to throw some movies on it for when I am traveling. Give me something to watch on a portable device that is bigger than my Note 5.

For a short time I had the Line 6 Amplifi, and using my iPad to program and modify patches was a blast!. Too bad many of the tones sucked out of that box. But if anyone ever created the iOS bridge for an iPad to control the AX8 I would even be willing to pay for it. Hope someone is able and willing in the near future!

Back
Top Bottom