It works! $99 Windows 10 Tablet Running AX8-Edit

DavidE

Power User
I disconnected the keyboard from the Nextbook Flexx 10 and connected it to my AX8. AX8-Edit runs great on what is now a tablet. Response when changing presets or scenes or calling up different blocks or swapping x/y etc... seems similar enough speed wise to my i7 16GB MacMini. Backing up the AX8 using Fractal Bot was slow, but it did work.

The beauty of this for me is that I can now tweak and create presets on my AX8 anywhere. I don't have to bring it upstairs to my computer. That means I can have it hooked up to whatever system I have set up in the basement at the time whether it be my Bose L1, Alto monitors, an acoustic guitar amp, in 4cm with an amp etc..... This is awesome. And I have a decently cool Windows tablet and mini pc with the keyboard. I'll still stick with my iPad for most tablet use though...

I disconnected the keyboard from the Nextbook Flexx 10 and connected it to my AX8. AX8-Edit runs great on what is now a tablet. Response when changing presets or scenes or calling up different blocks or swapping x/y etc... seems similar enough speed wise to my i7 16GB MacMini. Backing up the AX8 using Fractal Bot was slow, but it did work.

The beauty of this for me is that I can now tweak and create presets on my AX8 anywhere. I don't have to bring it upstairs to my computer. That means I can have it hooked up to whatever system I have set up in the basement at the time whether it be my Bose L1, Alto monitors, an acoustic guitar amp, in 4cm with an amp etc..... This is awesome. And I have a decently cool Windows tablet and mini pc with the keyboard. I'll still stick with my iPad for most tablet use though...

This is one reason I love my Surface Pro 3 so much. It'd be cool if there was a UI scaling option in Axe-Edit & AX8-edite for touch devices.

Great to read!
Would the smaller one work also, if you compare the specs with yours? Or do you see any issues regarding smaller size, processor power etc.?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Nextbook-...fault&beacon_version=1.0.1&findingMethod=p13n

Other than the size, the main differences I see are that the smaller one has one full size sub port while the bigger one has two, and the small one has 1GB of ram vs 2 GB on the 10". That ram might make a difference. The full size ports are on the keyboard, so if you use either as a tablet, you'll use the micro usb on the tablet side anyway.

The smaller one might be a newer model. The last letter in the processor is a G vs an F in the 10". I also like that on the small one you can fold the keyboard to the back. Can't do that on the 10".

Other than the size, the main differences I see are that the smaller one has one full size sub port while the bigger one has two, and the small one has 1GB of ram vs 2 GB on the 10". That ram might make a difference. The full size ports are on the keyboard, so if you use either as a tablet, you'll use the micro usb on the tablet side anyway.

The smaller one might be a newer model. The last letter in the processor is a G vs an F in the 10". I also like that on the small one you can fold the keyboard to the back. Can't do that on the 10".

Ok seems worth a try.
Soon...the review of the smaller tablet here...:)

So you are using a micro USB to USB adapter

I hooked up an old netbook of mine. It worked fine, except the screen resolution is 1024*600, which is too small for Ax8edit

Any updates on this? I am thinking about ordering the smaller one. I am a die hard Mac guy but with no iOS support this seems like a cheap way to edit on the run.

Cool, with the Nextbook Flexx 10, are you editing with a touchscreen? How accurate is it? This could be amazing if it works.
Yes he is using the touch screen. This whole post is about using it as a tablet. There a different post out there about using it as a net book for edit. Both reports say it works ok

." Anyway of using Bluetooth between these ?

The AX8 does not have a Bluetooth receiver. I suppose it could work if you can add a receiver to the USB port on the AX8 as the Flexx has Bluetooth 4. But I don't know how well it would work since I imagine there's a good bit of information going back and forth between the devices.

Back
Top Bottom