Is there any reason to be concerned about running CPU near Max all the time?

PdotCdot

As the title suggests, are we asking for premature wear on the unit due to higher heat being generated? Provided there is proper ventilation, is the 80% or so max meant to keep it at “safe” operating levels in the overall long run? Searched a bit but didn’t see any thread regarding wear and tear and CPU maximums

The 80% guideline s to make sure the device doesn’t run out of steam. That keeps it sounding like it’s supposed to sound, and keeps things switching like they’re supposed to. Excessive CPU usage isn’t going to break anything.

Last edited:
This is important to me because I'm planning on using the FM3 all day, every day, as my main interface for normal computer audio and guitar. It will be on nearly 100% of the time. I need to know that's ok.

This is important to me because I'm planning on using the FM3 all day, every day, as my main interface for normal computer audio and guitar. It will be on nearly 100% of the time. I need to know that's ok.
The main man just gave the official response in the post above yours. It's all good.

To be clear, the OP is about high CPU load, not running all the time... Maybe you meant both, but wanted to point that out.

Back
Top Bottom