Is There A Way To Do This?

brianv4

Fractal Fanatic
With one switch, I'm trying to:

Tap and turn on Chorus and Plex Delay. I got it working by setting up a control switch and using the bypass modifier of the two blocks. BTW, I got the light to be off when bypassed and on when engaged by reversing the Min/Max settings.

Now on the "Hold" of the same switch I want to switch Chorus to Channel B and turn Plex Delay OFF (or zero out either mix or input level). I've managed to get the chorus to change channels but can't figure out how to silence the Plex delay.

Any ideas?

With one switch, I'm trying to:

Tap and turn on Chorus and Plex Delay. I got it working by setting up a control switch and using the bypass modifier of the two blocks. BTW, I got the light to be off when bypassed and on when engaged by reversing the Min/Max settings.

Now on the "Hold" of the same switch I want to switch Chorus to Channel B and turn Plex Delay OFF (or zero out either mix or input level). I've managed to get the chorus to change channels but can't figure out how to silence the Plex delay.

Any ideas?
I can't think of a way to do that. I'd love it if a Control Switch could somehow be used to select a Channel.

You can use a scene, of course...

I don't have an FC pedal yet, so I'm guessing here....

What about using a second Chorus block? Attach it's bypass state to the same Control Switch, but invert the 'Start' and 'Stop' settings in the modifier window. Then it should switch between Chorus 1 plus the Plex-Delay, and Chorus 2??

I can't think of a way to do that. I'd love it if a Control Switch could somehow be used to select a Channel.

You can use a scene, of course...
If there's no other way around it I will. I agree, a modifier for channel selection would be cool.

I don't have an FC pedal yet, so I'm guessing here....

What about using a second Chorus block? Attach it's bypass state to the same Control Switch, but invert the 'Start' and 'Stop' settings in the modifier window. Then it should switch between Chorus 1 plus the Plex-Delay, and Chorus 2??
You may be on to something here, I'll continue the experiment tomorrow p thx!

This could probably be done with additional MIDI messages programmed for the control switches. I think you'd have to cable the Axe MIDI Out to MIDI In for this to work. (If I'm understanding the manual correctly, these messages wouldn't normally be processed by the Axe-FX. It would be nice if there was a way to get this kind of control without the extra cable.)

Last edited:
This could probably be done with additional MIDI messages programmed for the control switches. I think you'd have to cable the Axe MIDI Out to MIDI In for this to work. (If I'm understanding the manual correctly, these messages wouldn't normally be processed the Axe-FX. It would be nice if there was a way to get this kind of control without the extra cable.)

I agree that this would be great to be able to route internally midi messages triggered by the FC as right now midi offer more options than the control switches, first as you said, some parameters are only controllable via midi now, but also I would like to add that we can program a switch to send a specific midi value with CC, but we cannot program it to send a specific value (like a percentage) of a control switch.

In the same idea, I made a wish a long time ago to be able to route midi message from the midi block internally here : https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/use-scene-midi-block-to-transmit-internal-messages.140436/.

Back
Top Bottom