Implemented Use Scene Midi block to transmit internal messages

HurdyGuigui

Inspired
It would be awesome to be able to send internal midi messages per scene to the Axe itself with the midi block :

We would have an new entry for each midi messages : a "routing" column in the midi block :
-If set to "midi out" (default), the message would be sent to the midi output (as it is working now)
-If set to "internal", the message would be send internally to the axe.

Examples of use cases :
You could use the midi block to activate global functions in the axe and change external control values on a scene change :
-Control the Looper : Play/rec/dub/etc on a scene change
-Change the value of any external controller on a scene change : it would be like to have 8 more scenes controllers (8 messages per midi block) :cool:. But also to have parameters being controllable both by an external controller and by a scene change.
-Display the Tuner on a scene change.

I think this is a little thing that could allow a lot of possibilities.

Last edited:
You could do this just by connecting the MIDI OUT to the MIDI IN (via a cheap hardware MERGER)... but WATCH OUT that you don't create a MIDI loop!

could do this just by connecting the MIDI OUT to the MIDI IN (via a cheap hardware MERGER)... but WATCH OUT
Thanks for the quick answer ! I was wondering if this could cause any problem with midi info the axe is sending (other than the scene midi block), such as tempo or tuner infos. I don't have a III yet but I will try that for sure when I get it.

Back
Top Bottom