• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Is the Suhr OD-100 in the axe?

boltrecords

Fractal Fanatic
I see there are a few CAE amps in the axe. Does anyone know if any of these are modeled after the Od-100 model? If not what would be closest?
I've been admiring Steve Stevens tone on the billy idol Devils playground album. It's absolutely stellar. Apparently it's a suhr od100 mixed with a small Roccaforte 18 watt combo.

gammajoe

If I remember correct, Cliff stated somewhere in this Forum that the Shiva is quite similar to to the Od100 so I'm using a Shiver Lead with a CAE lead tonestack to get a OD100 with good results.

vAmp

Fractal Fanatic
Enzo Sutera: The OD-100 Standard was the only one I've owned and reverse engineered. The Shiva is very close. Both are actually hot-rodded JCM800s.

Enzo Sutera, 1/2012: The power amp is esp. crucial on the CAE and yes, a Marshall based power amp section shines with it. However, the best power amp for the 3+ is the OD100 one IMHO. The Bogner Shiva lead channel is circuit wise somewhat close to the OD100. Try the Shiva LD model with the 3+SE tonestack and the Damping at 1.50 for instant CAE gratification;-) + http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-recordings/53631-enzo-sutera-axefxii-matrix-gm50-custom-audio-od100.html

smcrosby

Power User
I see there are a few CAE amps in the axe. Does anyone know if any of these are modeled after the Od-100 model? If not what would be closest?
I've been admiring Steve Stevens tone on the billy idol Devils playground album. It's absolutely stellar. Apparently it's a suhr od100 mixed with a small Roccaforte 18 watt combo.
If you think his tone is stellar on Devil's Playground you should hear Steve Stevens on Derek Sherinian's Oceana album (produced and co-written by Sir Simon Phillips who has plenty of stellar albums featuring Texas Tone Meister - Andy Timmons):

Derek Sherinian - Oceana - YouTube

Anyone know if Steve Stevens used the Axe FX II on Oceana and/or does anyone have any Steve Stevens presets to share? :encouragement:

Last edited:

axme

Inspired
The cleans on my OD-100 were stellar and John is a real stand-up guy. He custom voiced it for me and it was of the best clean amps I've ever owned

Top Bottom