Is the Suhr OD-100 in the axe?

boltrecords

Fractal Fanatic
I see there are a few CAE amps in the axe. Does anyone know if any of these are modeled after the Od-100 model? If not what would be closest?
I've been admiring Steve Stevens tone on the billy idol Devils playground album. It's absolutely stellar. Apparently it's a suhr od100 mixed with a small Roccaforte 18 watt combo.

If I remember correct, Cliff stated somewhere in this Forum that the Shiva is quite similar to to the Od100 so I'm using a Shiver Lead with a CAE lead tonestack to get a OD100 with good results.

Enzo Sutera: The OD-100 Standard was the only one I've owned and reverse engineered. The Shiva is very close. Both are actually hot-rodded JCM800s.

Enzo Sutera, 1/2012: The power amp is esp. crucial on the CAE and yes, a Marshall based power amp section shines with it. However, the best power amp for the 3+ is the OD100 one IMHO. The Bogner Shiva lead channel is circuit wise somewhat close to the OD100. Try the Shiva LD model with the 3+SE tonestack and the Damping at 1.50 for instant CAE gratification;-) + http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...a-axefxii-matrix-gm50-custom-audio-od100.html

I see there are a few CAE amps in the axe. Does anyone know if any of these are modeled after the Od-100 model? If not what would be closest?
I've been admiring Steve Stevens tone on the billy idol Devils playground album. It's absolutely stellar. Apparently it's a suhr od100 mixed with a small Roccaforte 18 watt combo.

If you think his tone is stellar on Devil's Playground you should hear Steve Stevens on Derek Sherinian's Oceana album (produced and co-written by Sir Simon Phillips who has plenty of stellar albums featuring Texas Tone Meister - Andy Timmons):

Derek Sherinian - Oceana - YouTube

Anyone know if Steve Stevens used the Axe FX II on Oceana and/or does anyone have any Steve Stevens presets to share? :encouragement:

Last edited:
The cleans on my OD-100 were stellar and John is a real stand-up guy. He custom voiced it for me and it was of the best clean amps I've ever owned

Back
Top Bottom