Is something up with Atomic Amps?

Ben Randolph

Power User
Hey all,

I've had a couple of amps out on long repair with Atomic and three Mondays ago Tom let me know that they were repaired and ready to ship back. Happily, I gave him my shipping address. Since then, no amps have arrived and no tracking number. I've sent a couple of emails and haven't gotten a reply.

Unfortunately, based on what I read with some other people's experiences, it seems the best way to get Tom's attention is to post in an online forum. Over half of email inquiries go unreplied to, so I'm hoping Tom reads this and gets back to me via PM or email. I'd just like some clarity to know if there's an issue shipping these that I can help with. Otherwise, can I get a tracking number?

Hey all,

I've had a couple of amps out on long repair with Atomic and three Mondays ago Tom let me know that they were repaired and ready to ship back. Happily, I gave him my shipping address. Since then, no amps have arrived and no tracking number. I've sent a couple of emails and haven't gotten a reply.

Unfortunately, based on what I read with some other people's experiences, it seems the best way to get Tom's attention is to post in an online forum. Over half of email inquiries go unreplied to, so I'm hoping Tom reads this and gets back to me via PM or email. I'd just like some clarity to know if there's an issue shipping these that I can help with. Otherwise, can I get a tracking number?
Ben, I sent you an email.

The long out of warranty Reactor Series tube amps you sent that had been at some point tampered with by an unauthorized tech are on there way back to you. Despite the fact that this caused servere damage of some hard to get parts I will still eat the $400+ repair bill and return shipping as a gesture of our dedication to customer service.

To luke, I'm not sure what you're talking about. We've been at this for over 11 years and the vast majority of our customers rave about out the quality and performance of our products as well as our service and dedication to the customer. This is what we strive for. We are human and sometimes an item slips through the cracks for various reasons but we're quick to make things good when they come to our attention.

Thanks.

Tom

Tom got back to me via email and phone. I should get a tracking number soon.

I very much appreciate Atomic's effort in this repair and comping the bill. That is extremely appreciated and definitely above and beyond service from Tom!

It was not my intention to disparage anyone's business, but I was genuinely confused as to the shipping status and wasn't getting communication. For all I knew, they could be lost in shipping or stolen from my front porch. I'm a nice guy....honestly!

Since the amps were out of warranty, Tom was nice enough to send a schematic that I took to a local tech I've used for guitar work in the past. If they were damaged by this tech, then that's certainly something I should know and be aware of in the future. Maybe he's a better guitar tech than amp tech (certainly those are two separate and distinct art forms!).

I'm glad many of you have had great support from Atomic. Admittedly, I experienced some inconsistent communication, but from what many of you say that is the exception not the norm with Atomic. Perhaps, as was mentioned earlier, if Tom is handling all customer communication, R&D, sales and support, another resource could be brought in to handle some of that load. The product is definitely becoming popular and the company seems to be growing steadily, so sometimes these are good problems to have!

Thank you again, Tom. I appreciate your help and hope you accept the above suggestions in the spirit they were given.

Tom, I have emailed you a few times starting on Friday about an active wedge neo, and have not heard back. In the past I have always heard right back from you so I am wondering if something is up with your email. Should I PM you instead?

Tom, I have emailed you a few times starting on Friday about an active wedge neo, and have not heard back. In the past I have always heard right back from you so I am wondering if something is up with your email. Should I PM you instead?

I responded to your email prior to this post. If you didn't get it, check your spam folder and PM me. If you did get it, reply via email to confirm. Thanks.

Best,

Tom

I own one of the 50 Watt Reactors, still chugging along as a backup years after the RCF replaced it in the gigging setup. Solid piece of equipment. The fact that Tom lurks around these sites looking to answer questions is testimony enough of the company's desire to stand behind its products and help customers out. There are damn few such companies out there. I'm not an CLR user right now, but would love to try one. I wouldn't hesitate to drop the cash on it based on the customer service I have read here and elsewhere, were I in the market. Stand up guys, in my estimation.

Just bought one active.What cables do I need from the Axe to the clr? How do I get the stereo signal from the Axe through one speaker? I will use both my pair of active smaller speakers and the New clr at home

Just bought one active.What cables do I need from the Axe to the clr? How do I get the stereo signal from the Axe through one speaker? I will use both my pair of active smaller speakers and the New clr at home

You can use either a normal guitar or a XLR cable from the Axe to the CLR, but you can never get stereo from just one speaker.
Go mono live.
At home you can make a wet-dry-wet system by using The CLR as The dry center and you two small speakers as your wet left and right channels.
I and Other forum membres have discribed W-d-W and how to configure it previously on this forum, make a search for The relevant info.
RB

I'm a huge Atomic Amps fan. Always friendly, polite, prompt and responsive. Hats off to Tom King and the company for their relentless focus on good products and happy customers.

I'm a huge Atomic Amps fan. Always friendly, polite, prompt and responsive. Hats off to Tom King and the company for their relentless focus on good products and happy customers.

I have the exact same experience with Tom King and Atomic Amps, plus the CLRs have made my guitar playing life so much easier and my tone has never been better.

I received a 'new' active CLR Wedge a few months back. When I opened it, it was damaged, inside and out.
Obviously damaged in the shipping process.
Tom replied to my emails, and also called me by phone to instruct me to ship back, and a 'new' one would be shipped out.
Tom concurred that the unit must have been dropped from a significant height to result in that kind of damage.
Mission accomplished.

I can only conclude that Tom is 'crazy' busy by running all aspects of the business and may get behind at times.
Also a common theme seems to be errant emails (lost and/or SPAM issues).

Having said all of that, I am very happy with the product and service.

PS: My 'fav' thing with the Active CLR Wedge is how I can get the 'edge of break up' and 'OD' tones at low (late at night) volumes,
that a Amp/Cab can't do.

THE END

You can use either a normal guitar or a XLR cable from the Axe to the CLR, but you can never get stereo from just one speaker.
Go mono live.
At home you can make a wet-dry-wet system by using The CLR as The dry center and you two small speakers as your wet left and right channels.
I and Other forum membres have discribed W-d-W and how to configure it previously on this forum, make a search for The relevant info.
RB

I get no sound from the CLR.The 3 lights are blinking all at the same time ad there is no indications of clipping!?
I use a Klotz mic cabe from Axe output 1 balanced to Clr input one. What`s wrong??

A single speaker cannot produce a "stereo" sound.

Back
Top Bottom