is it possible to get this sound with Axe-Fx?

I've messed around with the synth some but i believe its incapable of doing chords correct? will the axe fx synth ever be able to handle polyphony with a firmware update? how might i replicate this sound without polyphonic capabilities? thanks in advance!

I've messed around with the synth some but i believe its incapable of doing chords correct? will the axe fx synth ever be able to handle polyphony with a firmware update? how might i replicate this sound without polyphonic capabilities? thanks in advance!

Are you sure the first rhythm part is a synth and not just a pitch shift?

She “changes sounds” without any camera cut, so she is probably just miming the rhythm part and playing the lead (or miming the whole thing just for the video).

I think the lead tone is the mono synth and the rhythm is pitch shift or something. She’s recently been trying many different sounds on the stomp.

On 3rd listen, I could be wrong. But does the HX stomp really have a poly synth?

You can kinda do it with the synth block + the pitch block. You still play single notes on your guitar, but get the pitch block to add the harmonies for you.

Are you sure the first rhythm part is a synth and not just a pitch shift?

She “changes sounds” without any camera cut, so she is probably just miming the rhythm part and playing the lead (or miming the whole thing just for the video).

I think the lead tone is the mono synth and the rhythm is pitch shift or something. She’s recently been trying many different sounds on the stomp.

On 3rd listen, I could be wrong. But does the HX stomp really have a poly synth?

hm, im not sure actually i can't really seem to find any info on it with a quick google

i tried to find examples of the Synth in any of the Helix products. there's a 3 note generator it seems, but i don't see anything about it tracking full chords being played into it. i'd imagine there'd be at least ONE video out there showing it, but i haven't found anything.

listening on better speakers, the rhythm part sounds like octave up shifts heavily compressed. not a synth. still could be wrong.

but i think she was only showing of the Synth for the lead part.

regardless, to get that sort of chord tracking you'd need a hex pickup from the guitar, so all 6 strings' data go into the guitar synth.

i tried to find examples of the Synth in any of the Helix products. there's a 3 note generator it seems, but i don't see anything about it tracking full chords being played into it. i'd imagine there'd be at least ONE video out there showing it, but i haven't found anything.

listening on better speakers, the rhythm part sounds like octave up shifts heavily compressed. not a synth. still could be wrong.

but i think she was only showing of the Synth for the lead part.

regardless, to get that sort of chord tracking you'd need a hex pickup from the guitar, so all 6 strings' data go into the guitar synth.
hm! thanks for your feedback, you think i could replicate something like that without synths?
and are you sure you need a special pickup? i have Jam Origin's Midi Guitar 2 and while there is a slight lag, its actually very good at picking up full chords believe it or not!

hm! thanks for your feedback, you think i could replicate something like that without synths?
and are you sure you need a special pickup? i have Jam Origin's Midi Guitar 2 and while there is a slight lag, its actually very good at picking up full chords believe it or not!
That’s a specialized and recent creation, something guitar hardware probably won’t have for a while or ever.

how would i change chords then?

As long as all the chords are in the same key you can just set the pitch block appropriately. If you need to change keys you can set up a separate channel in the pitch block set to the appropriate key, and change to that channel using a scene or something. It’s not super ideal, but it works, I have a preset set up like this for a Billie Jean / Hella Good mashup we do.

As long as all the chords are in the same key you can just set the pitch block appropriately. If you need to change keys you can set up a separate channel in the pitch block set to the appropriate key, and change to that channel using a scene or something. It’s not super ideal, but it works, I have a preset set up like this for a Billie Jean / Hella Good mashup we do.

gotcha, i haven't really messed with the pitch block much, ill hunt down a tutorial probably, unless you know of a good one?

Back
Top Bottom