Is anyone at all modeling weird and/or terrible amps and cabs, on purpose?

I had both... Actually, the TubeStack switch had some cool tones!

I think the Tube Stack was a knob on the version I had back around 1984 or so. I also remember not knowing what a "Tube Stack" was. I had this picture in my mind of a pile of big metal tubes or pipes all stacked up. And that's kinda what turning that knob up sounded like. :D

I remember only briefly owning that Arion distortion and trading up for a DS-1...which was a huge improvement....

All great ideas here! Until I do some of my own captures, I think tweaking presets is gonna be a good way to go. Being new, having options to deconstruct that have a clear name is the kind of thing that helps me learn faster. On the other hand, diving in and poking around is going to be half the fun.

Just got my waitlist email and ordered today!

The Carlsbro Rebel with the 1x12 speaker was pretty awful.

Saying that my old Arion Stereo Flanger wasn't too bad and the Realistic Spring Reverb from Tandy was "ok"

I'm still waiting for Cliff to model the Peavey Backstage 30 so I can relive my high school days! :yum:
I read recently that the bandits are supposed to be pretty decent for clean tone and a decent cheap option for modelers. Mine was my first amp so I don’t remember enough to compare it to anything else. It was a workhorse though. The spring reverb had a lot of character too.

I donated my rare and unpopular Celection Sidewinder S12-150 speakers to Valhallir who created IRs from them. They are actually really nice and I use them as my default IR (see this thread).
I still have a red-knob Fender Dual Showman (which is the amp-head version of the Fender Evil Twin - red knob). This amp has a bad reputation I've read, but that probably also means that it's different. I also like to see more amps in the fractal then are not yet another Mesa or Marshal topmodel. But hey, what do I know.

Maybe Cliff or somebody else can give us some pointers: amp xyz is just a Plexi 100W 1970 in the III, with the Power tubes changed to 6V6, the bright cap on 125 pF and supply sag on 1.2. There is probably already a couple of those tips buried deep in the forum, but having them in one place in the Wiki would be helpfull.

I still have my old Gorilla in a storage building...I've had that thing for 37 years and I played through it everyday for about 10 of those years. Not crazy bad but, definitely not crazy good either. They were built damn near bulletproof though. Bet I can plug it in today and it will still make a racket resembling a distorted guitar.

Back
Top Bottom