IR Present for You

Sure, it's approx. 0.002Ohms per meter (3ft) on a 2x2.5mm2 diameter good quality speaker cable. Compared to the speaker load and the output impedance of a solid state power amp, there is not much influence by the cable. The bigger influence goes by the fact when speakers in a 4x12 cabinet are wired in series instead of parallel. This changes the impedance curve dramatically and influences the saturation behavior of a tube amp - and you'll notice a slight difference when checking the impedance curve on a solid state power amp (with high damping factor). I guess this is the main reason for the difference of your Wizard vs. D120 plots.

Which brings me to another point: Cliff, please check out ARTA LABs signal analysis software..... ARTA Software - gives you much better frequency plots you can share with all the tech geeks out there. It's highly recommended - and not expensive.....

Will they have Mac version anytime soon?

REALLY liking this, and the pre-Rola cabs.... A LOT! These are two of my favorite cabs, now. So far I'm liking them best with the obvious choices, the plexis and AC-30's - they kick major butt. I always struggled just a bit tying to get "my" tone with the Vox's, and this cab put me there.

Thanks Cliff and gang for sharing this, and for all your hard work. You're the best.

Back
Top Bottom