IR Capture - Can't Save

frankenbeans

Experienced
This is an addition to this thread from another poster in the Axe-Edit forum because now this is an Axe-Fx issue, outside of the Edit software: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/ir-capture-cant-save.170320/

While I still am able to save a captured IR from the front panel, I can only save one IR. If I attempt another capture, change the save name and location, nothing happens after I press save. I've refreshed the cab picker, so it's not that. I think the only solution is to power cycle the Axe.

Tested this today and it works fine here.

What are your IR Config settings?
I've learned something new. If I run the IR Capture process entirely on the Axe-Fx front panel, everything works fine. However, if I use Axe-Edit in any way in the process (to test, capture, name the file, etc), I cannot save the IR, even when using the front panel on the Axe-Fx.

That may bounce this issue back into Axe-Edit jurisdiction, but there still is the issue of the Axe-Fx front panel not being able to save the IR.

EDIT: And it also seems that one of my IR captures has overwritten a factory cab. Not sure how that happened. I'm opening a support ticket for that one.

Double EDIT: It seems several of my personal captures have overwritten Factory Cabs. This is probably why I couldn't find them in my User Cabs section. To clarify, the Captures are saved to the same slot in Factory 1 that I intended to save the IR in User 1. For example, I tried to save an IR in User 1, 413. But it saved in Factory 1, 413.

Last edited:
I've reverted back to Ares 15.01 and AxeEdit 1.8.7, and everything works again as expected. Just another datapoint for consideration.

Back
Top Bottom