Iphone to Galaxy s4

Or maybe their business plan is to force people to buy new phones every 1-2 years and forget about their older products up to the limit where their app store doesn't work on their older models.... just saying. :)

But this is PC vs MAC. No right answer.

Are you a MAC or PC guy? :) If MAC then iPhone is most likely better for you. If not then S4 might make things easier. Plug it to your PC like a USB drive and do what you want. Add movies, music, ringtones... most apps are free.

Are you a MAC or PC guy? :) If MAC then iPhone is most likely better for you. If not then S4 might make things easier. Plug it to your PC like a USB drive and do what you want. Add movies, music, ringtones... most apps are free.

With Dropbox and Google Drive available for free, who uses USB drives anymore?

I love my Samsung Galaxy Note II so much I sold everything I own and replaced it with samsung

Samsung LED tv
Samsung Bluray etc

It's the best

the S4 screen is as big as the whole iphone

I hate apple/itunes/etc- and SD card and whatever software you want and samsung Kies is perfect and much better

I have a crap Android phone and everything else is Apple (Ipads, Ipod touch, Macbook Pros). I like my Apple stuff way better. For anything music related IOS slays Android. It's not remotely close. You can play and process instruments and sound in IOS in near real time. For anything MIDI related, IOS is it on a phone. For virtual instruments, too. For apps to control anything on a PC or Mac, IOS.

Android (and PC) may be "configurable," but if I can't configure it to do what I want, which is mostly music related, what advantage does it have? Yes, I'd love to be able to drag and drop files onto my Idevices. The whole lack of a file systems sucks. That stuff is a drag, but there are whole categories of function that I can't do at all on Android that I do all the time on my Idevices.

I hope Android continues to improve and pushes Apple, but there's a long way to go before I'd be likely to want anything Android more than an Iphone and Ipad.

Reactions: jon
I own a Macbook Pro and have a Mytouch 4G (STILL!). For some reason I just can't dig iOS integrated as a phone. I like it for my Ipod Touch but for a phone I just can't do it. Android on the other hand, lets me play Gameboy Advance games! :D my Ipod Touch cannot. I'm too lazy to jailbreak.

I do own a Mac, and a Apple TV and an IPad and my wife has an iPhone too. I'm entrenched and probably just gonna wait to see what Apple puts out next.

I have an iPhone 5 and an HTC One. Apple's UI design experience make iOS is a better experience out of the box IMO. Android is more customizable with widgets and custom launchers to replace to core UI. Frankly Android needs customization because UI design is not one of Google's strengths.

I switched a month ago and this is my experience exactly. The iPhone was much more seamlessly integrated. Droid is an os with a bunch of apps on it. Customization is definitely necessary.

I have a crap Android phone and everything else is Apple (Ipads, Ipod touch, Macbook Pros). I like my Apple stuff way better. For anything music related IOS slays Android. It's not remotely close. You can play and process instruments and sound in IOS in near real time. For anything MIDI related, IOS is it on a phone. For virtual instruments, too. For apps to control anything on a PC or Mac, IOS.

Android (and PC) may be "configurable," but if I can't configure it to do what I want, which is mostly music related, what advantage does it have? Yes, I'd love to be able to drag and drop files onto my Idevices. The whole lack of a file systems sucks. That stuff is a drag, but there are whole categories of function that I can't do at all on Android that I do all the time on my Idevices.

I hope Android continues to improve and pushes Apple, but there's a long way to go before I'd be likely to want anything Android more than an Iphone and Ipad.

Like you said. You have a crappy Android phone. This thread is about the S4 which is a good Android phone that I would choose over iPhone any time.

This is funny just tripped across this thread and I just retired my iPhone 4 for the Galaxy 4S about 11 hours ago. Getting use to it but hardware wise it destroys my iPhone. But there again my iPhone is 2 generations behind. I do feel a freedom not needing to use iTunes as a F***** conduit anymore and at the same time I miss not having a program like iTunes to use as a conduit with my new phone. Not worried it will pass.

John

Well if its any help, I am on day 6 with my S4 and the more I find my way around the happier I get.

One thing I did not plan on: at my job there are times I can wear earbuds and listen to some tunes, while using the S4 the other day, the tunes sounded a bit better to me (more detail): showed more with music with more dynamics and quiet passages. Same MP3's but different phone/DA converters. BTW in my case same Bose earbuds. Not a night and day difference but still there. And to be fair as I mentioned above my iPhone was a 4 so it is 2 generations behind.

There are other reasons I am digging the S4 more and more everyday, the first few days I was missing the iPhone (why wouldn't I? It was comfortable and I knew it) But there is much more to play with in the S4 and although I may not use it all, just good to know its there, (much like an Axe Fx).

I think you need to ask yourself.
Do you want a smartphone that you can configure and tweak or do you want a smartphone that is a bit dumbed down.
BTW nothing wrong with the dumbed down part it's not meant to be sarcastic everyones needs are different.

John

6L6C, I almost compared Android to the Axe-Fx before but thought it would start a war. What is iPhone then? HD500 with usable tones? :D

Oh ----- You’re baiting me in. :mrgreen
I refuse to answer that question on the grounds I’m either going to piss off people who love their HD500 or people who love their iPhones. And I lean towards people who love their iPhones, NOT appreciating me comparing it to a POD HD500.

Come on Clark! You have seen my post, I’m a nice guy! What are you trying to do get me flamed to death?? :lol:lol

John

iPhones are nice, they all just have that Apple tourniquet. If you jail break them (yes that sounds like a scary illegal move but it aint). If you jail break them you'll see just what your iPhone can really do.

And I do like how it syncs with our desktops - iPads - and laptops. I'm sure other phones do it too. I wish all phone companies had a mutual FaceTime app.:ugeek

Verizon already did a year or two ago. To date I have received these once, before there was supposed to be a snow blizzard in our area. I say "supposed to be" because there never was any snow blizzard, and this alert woke me up at 2AM. I see how this could be useful in areas prone to hurricanes, wildfires or floods/tsunamis, however, so I think it's a good capability to have, even though I don't like Obama much.

Well if its any help, I am on day 6 with my S4 and the more I find my way around the happier I get.

One thing I did not plan on: at my job there are times I can wear earbuds and listen to some tunes, while using the S4 the other day, the tunes sounded a bit better to me (more detail): showed more with music with more dynamics and quiet passages. Same MP3's but different phone/DA converters. BTW in my case same Bose earbuds. Not a night and day difference but still there. And to be fair as I mentioned above my iPhone was a 4 so it is 2 generations behind.

There are other reasons I am digging the S4 more and more everyday, the first few days I was missing the iPhone (why wouldn't I? It was comfortable and I knew it) But there is much more to play with in the S4 and although I may not use it all, just good to know its there, (much like an Axe Fx).

I think you need to ask yourself.
Do you want a smartphone that you can configure and tweak or do you want a smartphone that is a bit dumbed down.
BTW nothing wrong with the dumbed down part it's not meant to be sarcastic everyones needs are different.

John

Some Android phone manufacturers (don't know about Samsung) have been known to pre-apply EQ to your music to make it sound "better", with no option to turn it off. By that I mean there's still some EQ even if it is turned off in the UI.

From what i can tell from iFixit teardowns, iPhone uses Cirrus Logic codecs for audio (same company that makes Axe FX ADC/DACs) while Samsung uses a Qualcomm chip for audio. That's not to say that it's worse (or better), I was just pointing out that it is conceivable that what you're hearing are nonlinearities of a given codec, rather than it being measurably "better" in terms of reproducing the recording.

Back
Top Bottom