Introducing the Axe-Fx II

Hmm! The good folks over at G66 are not showing any Fractal product at all at this time. I wonder ...

Cheers,

Mats N

I haven't seen this asked directly...

Any idea when we will be able to purchase one? (Waiting List Aside) I guess I was expecting to attempt to put in my order and hopefully buy one, lol. I purposely got nearly no sleep at all in case it was something epic like the AXEII!!!!!!!!

Cheers to Cliff and everyone at Fractal Audio! I'm PSYCHED to purchase one of these bad boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Despite the questionable marketing tactics and military secrecy surrounding the release, this device looks like a brilliant piece of equipment.

Even though my Ultra is only a few months old, cost me a bomb to get here in Australia and I just spent a week building a custom rack, rear patch panel, inbuilt midi merger and custom snake cables for it,... I will still probably order an AxeFxII!! What a sucker I am.

Purchasing the Axe II

So, the mods said they should be available for purchase in 1-2 weeks. Does that mean after I pay for it, I can expect it shortly, or will there be a huge wait time?
I have tons of shows coming up and need one ASAP!

So, the mods said they should be available for purchase in 1-2 weeks. Does that mean after I pay for it, I can expect it shortly, or will there be a huge wait time?
I have tons of shows coming up and need one ASAP!
This is my exact situation and I need to know asap.

Yes I agree. Please let us know when we might expect to purchse this. I was finally coming to a point where I was nearly at peace with my Ultra GAS... now i've regressed worse then before. Holy crap............

Some people were unhappy with how Cliff openly marketed the MFC-101. Others are unhappy with how he secretively marketed the Axe-Fx II.

Coffee+Mug+-+Far+Side+Damned+if+You+Do+Dont.jpg

I hope we ALL get a chance to buy the Axe II when they become available for sale, so I am more than overjoyed there is no waiting list. If we all get the email at the same time, I will have bought an AxeII by the time the rest of you read the first sentence. Now ... bring on the new units!!!!!

Very cool! Good (and surprisingly surprising) to see Cliff & Co. continuing to push the limits.

Am I bummed at the lower resale value of my two Ultras? Definitely. My idea to cope: wait for the Axe-Fx Three; and meanwhile... play guitar. (And also be very jealous of all the Axe II owners when they take over the forum. :D)

I've never sold a piece of music gear and I think I intend to stick with that. Had I known the II was coming though, I'd have probably broken that to buy one.

Now that it's here though, I'll just sit this round out. And be frustrated with my 10-user-cab limit. :p

Again, nice job to FAS and thank you for continuing to be so damn non-commercial and not over-inflating the price (although for the announcement, you could've thrown in a high MSRP like the Ultras/Standards had back in the day :p).

I have my Axe-Fx Ultra since Jully last year. I have to work very hard and not spend money for almost 2 years to get it...
At tha time of buying i say to myself Fractal is not like line6. I got a piece of equipement to last!
Now Axe-FX II....probably in 2 or 3 years Axe-FX 3 and so on.
For that reason i´m gona Buy the Amp of my dreams a Mesa Boogie Mark V, the real thing.

Will you get upset with Mesa when they release the Mark VI?

I have no GAS at all for the new Axe-Fx.
My Ultra sounded great yesterday, and it will sound great tomorrow too.
The Ultra can do more than I will ever need, and I hardly ever go in to the advanced settings.

I compare it to when I buy cameras (I'm a hobby photographer). When I know my current camera in and out, and feel I need a new and better one to overcome the limitations of my current camera. That's when I go shopping. I have a long way to go before I feel that my Ultra doesn't cover my needs.

I was more hoping on a better version of the Axe-Edit...

Cheers!
- jonah

Will you get upset with Mesa when they release the Mark VI?

No. By the time I have a collectors Amp, a Mark V (could be any Amp brand, Engl, Blackstar, etc). Now I have a to PODX3 (AXE-FX Ultra) with much better quality! 2200€ in for a multi effects it´s a lot of money but hey! it´s my fault.

I´m not upset with Fractal, it´s not my business.
MFC101 as was advertised for two years....what about AXE II?? ever heard before?? don´t think so.
One thing I am sure I will not buy anything else from fractal.

I have no GAS at all for the new Axe-Fx.
My Ultra sounded great yesterday, and it will sound great tomorrow too.
If you have not install firmware 11.xx it’s going to sound better tomorrow!! And if have not yet ENJOY!!

The Ultra can do more than I will ever need, and I hardly ever go in to the advanced settings.

I compare it to when I buy cameras (I'm a hobby photographer). When I know my current camera in and out, and feel I need a new and better one to overcome the limitations of my current camera.
Yeah me too, it’s a good comparison just a few months ago the photography world was going crazy over the Nikon D7000, tons of people gearing up for them and pretty much reacting the same way as over here at Fractal today.

New Release Requests, before Delivery of New Ones

I can only hope and assume the following upon initial sale and delivery:

1) major bugs worked out (I get the feeling on the board people are still testing and tweaking shouldnt this be done before the announcement?)
2) All amp models are ported (please dont leave out old favorites)
3) works well with the new axe edit
4) there is plenty availability (would be silly to not have a large quantity and create a huge backlog and wait list/special persons get theirs first list)

thank you, I know these are common thoughts.

Cliff,
Thanks for this thread! My big desire if for the DAMPING paramaer in the control modifiers to be up to 10 seconds instead of 1 second to allow for slow crosfades. Has this been changed?
Thanks.

Cliff,
Thanks for this thread! My big desire if for the DAMPING paramaer in the control modifiers to be up to 10 seconds instead of 1 second to allow for slow crosfades. Has this been changed?
Thanks.

It hasn't but it could. It's just a constant in the code.

Back
Top Bottom