Interesting review

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't like it when people on line make fun of others playing abilities or rag on them for being "old" or funny looking. You know, the personal stuff.

Cliff isn't a slouch player but I'm sure many on here are better but I would hope they wouldn't think he couldn't give an awesome review of a product because he wasn't a great player. The guy's review is either good or it isn't and his ability to play or not play needn't enter in to it.

First off....the SECOND your opinion matters to me, I will be sure to let you know.....but don't hold your breath.
Secondly, when a turd like this posts a video "review" where he pops the cover off and tries to tear a unit down from a "technical" standpoint, and obviously has no skills in that area, in my view, that opens it up for questioning on any and all of his credentials, including whether or not he can even play the instrument.
Like it or not, when you post opinion in the form of a video online, you are fair game from all angles.....especially when you do it with the intent of pissing people off.

Last edited:
*Throwing a bucket of water on the ones jumping around in sleepingbags on fire, "AAAAAH! Where are your faces!??" I'm gonna be sick.

I for one would love to know where on any forum it says that Axe-Edit affects the tone of a connected Axe-Fx. It does not.

Is this actually online anywhere? Is it a misreading/misinterpretation by the reviewer? Or maybe it is a concocted fictional barb?

I for one would love to know where on any forum it says that Axe-Edit affects the tone of a connected Axe-Fx. It does not.

Is this actually online anywhere? Is it a misreading/misinterpretation by the reviewer? Or maybe it is a concocted fictional barb?

Matt - this chap got in touch with me as he wanted to have some labels to review alongside the Axe and MFC. I won't go into details here, but alarm bells were ringing as soon as I looked him up and confirmed after a very silly dialogue with him (where he made a comment that he later tried to backtrack on when I questioned his motives). Very unnecessary.

Nice, nasty or simply nutty, there's something not quite right about the way this guy operates, which is why I politely declined his invitation to participate and also why I don't place any value on any review he has done or will do (regardless of whether he actually has any valid opinions or not).

Sukh

Last edited:
Now we know Sukh is working too hard. When you spell your name wrong... its time for a beer and some relaxation! :)

Edit: hahaha.... fixed it while i was typing! :eek:

Matt - I think this comment might to relate to a couple of recent threads where there were suggestions (and some confusion IIRC) about AxeEdit saving patches with a high bass cut frequency setting, causing them to sound thin. Don't know if the problem was real, or if it was, whether it was resolved.

hmm, doesn't say in the ad where this unit is made... ;)
The cardboardbox is designed in USA *Running away from Cliff chasing me going "why you little!!!"
No it's made in USA McChiel, but you're right. (I know you know, so know I. Did you know?)
*singing Queen of the stoneage - No one knows. Love that song.

Last edited:
After watching some of his other videos to see and hear his playing skill level as a guitar player I came to the conclusion this guys equipment inventory has evolved his playing never really did...he dose not have the skill level to get enough interaction and response back n forth from the Axe Fx to judge it...how do you know if a pc of music equipment sounds musical when you can't even recognize that your playing of an instrument does not sound musical...

I think someone like this in the link below is more suited to judge the Axe Fx

7 year old Mini Band guitarist Zoe plays Sweet Child O Mine by Gun' 'N Roses - YouTube

Excuse me if mistakes are made on this post I am relatively new here, and learning how to use the forum..cheers

Hehe.. I remember Tony McKenzie from when he was posting Mesa Triaxis patches on his web page years ago, but didn't take him too seriously and he fell off my radar. He seemed to be a gear collector looking for his moment of fame on the internet but never quiet had what it took make it happen.

I'm about to check these videos out but it sounds like they are filled with misinformation, intentionally controversial opinions designed to drive traffic to his web page, some basic stupidity, and with registering a domain name that appears to be a legitimate Fractal domain.. deceptive.

Sorry Mr. McKenzie... EPIC FAIL!

so are all the parts in the axe fx made in usa as well? also i got my axe fx II in the USA, do i have the same fan that is in Tony Mckenzie's video, or did G66 actually replace all the european AxeII fans?

i thought i remembered seeing a thread about fans and how the stock fan was a hui tong fan from china, my axefxII box says, 'made in usa' perhaps it should read 'assembled in usa' if not all the stock parts are usa made? just wondering...

Last edited:
First off....the SECOND your opinion matters to me, I will be sure to let you know.....but don't hold your breath.
Whether or not my opinion matters to you means absolutely nothing and doesn't have any bearing on what I do or do not post. We'll have to agree to disagree about people being "fair game from all angles" when they voice their opinion online. I think personal assaults that are irrelevant to the subject matter are in poor taste. The video was full of misinformation and flawed perspective and the maker seems to have some sort of agenda. But, hardly worth all of the bother. Fractal should decide whether or not they want to pursue some form of defamation action, etc. Nobody else here has a dog in the fight.

so are all the parts in the axe fx made in usa as well? also i got my axe fx II in the USA, do i have the same fan that is in Tony Mckenzie's video, or did G66 actually replace all the european AxeII fans?

i thought i remembered seeing a thread about fans and how the stock fan was a hui tong fan from china, my axefxII box says, 'made in usa' perhaps it should read 'assembled in usa' if not all the stock parts are usa made? just wondering...

All or mostly all is the standard of unqualified "Made in USA" compliance.

i don't get it, is the fan chinese? shouldn't the fan be american made? are there any other foreign made parts in the axe fx ii?

Hmmm, let me compare a JTM45 with the Axe by plugging it through the return of a Road king on modern mode with the amp sim on and cranked. See how thin it sounds?

TM is a complete DB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom