Interesting Problem using Update All Amp Presets

BMH

Inspired
Forgive me, I am at work now, not in front of my AxeFx ... the feature names may not be exact.

When I select to update all the Amps in Presets feature, it runs for a minute or so, and when it finishes the current preset shows the incorrect name. Then when I move to another preset, eventually I get a squeeling sound through my Atomic CLR. I turn the unit off, it comes up, all is back to normal. But I am not sure the changes took. Happens exactly like this every time, tried 3 times, nothing connected to the AxeFx.

If can use the single update feature to change each preset, and then save the preset, and that works Ok.

Do I have a corrupt preset somewhere in the upper regions, in the B and C banks? I only use the A bank. I suppose I could copy the A bank over B and C, and then see if I can update all amps in presets at once.

Thoughts? Anybody else having this problem?

Thanks

Ok, still get the problem ... going to update them one at a time. I have X/Y for 70 presets ... yeesh ... labor of love for sure ....

I unplug my speaker when I use that feature. Let it do its thing and then select the preset I want and Play. Lots of noise happened the first time and it was a bit scary.

Thanks ...

When it is done with the updating of all amp presets, I go back to a preset, and the preset name is incorrect. So number 4 preset is "Mesa Crunch", and it shows some other preset name like "Dual Preamps". I cahnge the preset to something else, and the sound is washed out, no distortion. Then after a few seconds, this high poitched squeel comes out of the AxeFx (no matter what preset I choose) and I have to turn the unit off.

When I power back on, the unti is back to "normal" ... but I don't know whether all the presets were correctly changed or not.

It does this every time, nothing plugged into the USB ports ...

Wonder if I should ask tech support about this ...

I am updating one preset at a time now, which is fine ... I need to see my old settings anyway after the amp update.

That is normal (being on a different name when done). When you update All amp presets, it has to go through all the presets. What you are seeing is the very last preset it went through. It loads the presets in buffer memory (same as what happens when you edit a preset but don't hit save). That is why the preset # doesn't change. All you need to do to get the preset back to normal is switch to another adjacent preset and back.

Send your banks to support so we can look at them.

Last edited:
Reactions: BMH
Cleared all the banks I am not using with Axe Edit, retried the update all amps function, and it works now. No squeeling noise, done deal. Thanks Sean!

Back
Top Bottom