Insanely loud reverb and delay on EVERY setting!

Meisoshi

Hi,

I've had my Axe-Fx II that I purchased second hand for a while now. I've been using it for recordings at home and have always kind've just made do, but I have always noticed that whenever I download a preset from Axechange or look at the presets that came pre-loaded from the old user, the REVERB on the patch is always INSANELY loud - unusably so, to the point where it ends up drowning out the whole sound, especially if you're playing anything faster than 8th notes. Similarly, the DELAYS tend to be very boomy and go on forever. I've looked at the blocks and tweaked the settings, but why is every patch defaulting to this loud and boomy sound? Is it something I've set up incorrectly? Even ones I download off Axechange seem to be outrageously disproportionate.

Any help or advice appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

I've had my Axe-Fx II that I purchased second hand for a while now. I've been using it for recordings at home and have always kind've just made do, but I have always noticed that whenever I download a preset from Axechange or look at the presets that came pre-loaded from the old user, the REVERB on the patch is always INSANELY loud - unusably so, to the point where it ends up drowning out the whole sound, especially if you're playing anything faster than 8th notes. Similarly, the DELAYS tend to be very boomy and go on forever. I've looked at the blocks and tweaked the settings, but why is every patch defaulting to this loud and boomy sound? Is it something I've set up incorrectly? Even ones I download off Axechange seem to be outrageously disproportionate.

Any help or advice appreciated.

Thanks
I've been having an issue where everything is also clipping for no apparent reason (output clipping), even when I'm playing softly, sometimes even on clean patches, and sometimes on distorted patches when I'm not playing anything! My only solution is to turn down the 'Level' on the 'Amp' block but this changes the tone of the guitar, and sometimes I have to go down to an insanely low output to stop the clipping (Output 1) from happening, which makes the sound unusable. I'll post a separate thread about this issue, but I wonder if they're related.

Again, any help from anyone is so appreciated.

You should reset the device:

Execute the Reset System Params command in the Utility menu to restore alle parameters in Global, I/O and Tuner to factory defaults.

You should reset the device:

Execute the Reset System Params command in the Utility menu to restore alle parameters in Global, I/O and Tuner to factory defaults.
I'll backup my device and give this a go, thanks for the quick response. I'll get back to you.

I've done this to no avail - the problem persists. Thanks for your help though, are there any other suggestions? How can I determine what is outputting and causing the clipping?

Make sure you don't restore your system backup after resetting or else the issue may be copied right back in place.

There are global Reverb and Effects Mix settings in the Config page of the global settings. What are those set to?

Also, what firmware version are you running?

Make sure you don't restore your system backup after resetting or else the issue may be copied right back in place.

There are global Reverb and Effects Mix settings in the Config page of the global settings. What are those set to?

Also, what firmware version are you running?
Thanks - great ideas. They're both set to 0.0%, and I'm using the current Ares firmware. I've updated all the drivers in an attempt to fix this. I'm wondering if it's related to the persistent output clipping that I frequently get?

Thanks for your help

are you extremely sensitive to wet fx?
No - they often drown out the sound, often they get into a loop and self-reverberate/feedback and become an infinite swirling mess. I'd say they contribute to the other problem I have with persistent Output clipping, though maybe they're both a manifestation of the same problem?

Hi Meisoshi,
I have the exact same problem as you. Did you find a solution ?

There is always delay / rotary / reverb inserted on a lot of factory presets, with like 10sec of reverb...
Preset example n°14 : Orange Recto. Scene 1
And if I enter scene 2, I have multidelay / chorus / flanger / drive / phaser / wha / comp inserted.

I bought the unit second hand, but I already try to updated firmware (Ares 2.00), reload all the factory presets, and do utility -> restore factory.

Is there anything i missed ?
Thank you

since they haven't responded in almost a year and a half, probably not....but they didn't give us much to work with to hep them.

For what you are dealing with, just turn off the FX and save the preset without them. Many factory presets feature the amos as well as fx, just the way it is.

Actually I just solved it today.
I had loaded the default XL banks, but I have a Axe FX II Original. So I :
  • reloaded the Ares 2.00 friware.
  • uploaded the correct banks with the fractal bot (available here in the download section of the website)
  • reset factory settings in the utility menu of the Axe Fx

and everything is great now.

Thank you !

Back
Top Bottom