Infringement in Presets

Tonemeister

Experienced
I spent the evening making a killer acoustic guitar preset. I had downloaded "gtrbody" from the CABs up on AXECHANGE and made a stereo acoustic guitar patch while using the piezo output of my Brian Moore i2.13. I wanted to share this preset on AXECHANGE but when signing up the user agreement says you shouldn't post presets with 3rd party IR's or CABs or IRs that other members have posted previously. I don't want to break any rules. Can anyone clarify this for me? If you get the original poster's permission, in my case "simeon" was the author, would it be ok?

it's ok. the gtrbody cab was originally posted on the forum by cliff. it was an old cab floating around for ages which he tweaked and converted for the axe II for us.

You can use cabs or IRs that others have posted. You cannot use IRs that are copyright protected, i.e. Redwirez or other commercial sources. Also, don't post any IRs obtained from commercial products, i.e. Fishman.

it's ok. the gtrbody cab was originally posted on the forum by cliff. it was an old cab floating around for ages which he tweaked and converted for the axe II for us.

Incorrect. It was posted by me. Scarr, an old forum member here, found a website from a university. The student did a project about digitally modeling an acoustic guitar. He posted a IR of the acoustic body resonance. I converted it to an axefx cab file and made an acoustic sim patch out of it. The IR has passed many hand since.

Back
Top Bottom