Incoming NGD: PRS CU24

is it a 10 top? looks like a 10 on the head stock but can't tell but if it is it is not an artist package. Artist package don't come in 10 top per PRS
The PRS Artist and Private Stock series guitars have their own grade of tops that are 'better' than a '10 top' therefore no number '10' on the headstock. It's not an option to have a 'lesser' figured top on these guitars. The Wood Library series has the same top grade levels as the Core models.

I spoke with the dealer today. After our discussion they agreed to take the guitar as a return with a full refund upon receipt. I wanted to love this guitar but it just wasn't in the cards. Visually, the instrument is quite a thing to behold but function always trumps form when it comes to guitars.

Lemme guess. High frets?

Frets were actually not dressed bad at all. Nut was cut so bad, though, that playing anything fretted ended up
being sharp. I also couldn't take as much relief out of the neck as I wanted either. Truss rod adjustment maxed
out to the point I felt like I could break something----so back it went. :(

It's not a total loss. I honestly didn't gel with the neck profile as much as I do on the DK24 I thought it would
replace. Sometimes you get something new and realize that you dig what you already had a little more.

I spoke with the dealer today. After our discussion they agreed to take the guitar as a return with a full refund upon receipt. I wanted to love this guitar but it just wasn't in the cards. Visually, the instrument is quite a thing to behold but function always trumps form when it comes to guitars.
Well, you don't hear this too often with PRS, at least. Must've been a Friday-at-closing-time guitar. ;)

Well, you don't hear this too often with PRS, at least. Must've been a Friday-at-closing-time guitar. ;)
I cross posted this topic at TGP and there were two people there who had similar experiences with the neck angle being improper for a low action setup on their PRS guitars (one a core and the other an S2). I'm internally debating whether or not to purchase the artist package custom 24 that I was looking at before as the direct competitor to this one. This experience has left me a bit apprehensive about purchasing another PRS without playing it first. My previous impression was that core model PRS guitars were all essentially guaranteed to be perfect. I've watched their factory tour videos and there are multiple QC checkpoints that each guitar goes through before going out to a dealer. This one either shifted after it was completed (which does happen) or it managed to slip through the cracks.

I cross posted this topic at TGP and there were two people there who had similar experiences with the neck angle being improper for a low action setup on their PRS guitars (one a core and the other an S2). I'm internally debating whether or not to purchase the artist package custom 24 that I was looking at before as the direct competitor to this one. This experience has left me a bit apprehensive about purchasing another PRS without playing it first. My previous impression was that core model PRS guitars were all essentially guaranteed to be perfect. I've watched their factory tour videos and there are multiple QC checkpoints that each guitar goes through before going out to a dealer. This one either shifted after it was completed (which does happen) or it managed to slip through the cracks.
Couldn't PRS fix whatever is wrong with it?

Well, the saga continues. I packaged up the guitar and dropped it off at an official FedEx site on Wednesday at 4 pm. It hasn't moved within their system since that initial scan. I spoke to FedEx today and they instructed me to file a claim. Now I'm at their mercy to get my money back. Hopefully they are able to find it.

Well, the saga continues. I packaged up the guitar and dropped it off at an official FedEx site on Wednesday at 4 pm. It hasn't moved within their system since that initial scan. I spoke to FedEx today and they instructed me to file a claim. Now I'm at their mercy to get my money back. Hopefully they are able to find it.
FedEx as of late has been very hit and miss with the accuracy of their tracking system. Possibly the worst service of the big three at the moment. Still, here's hoping for a positive resolution.

No wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! :(

1647305791984.png

Amazing, they must have found the package! As of this morning it was still in limbo. I was pretty sure that someone had stolen it. My guess is that they picked it up from the drop off site at the end of last week and then left it on the truck over the weekend.

As I mentioned before, FedEx has been disappointing lately. I bought some items last Thursday from a very large nationwide store and they were just picked up by FedEx today. Received an email from the store and they apologized for the delay, FedEx did not make any pickups until today. Glad it's working out for you.

In regards to the tracking blackout, the last dozen packages I sent through FedEx did the same thing. A little bird told me it’s because they’re subbing out to other carriers and their tracking systems aren’t compatible.

Back
Top Bottom